3870 X2 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can run the card with two 6-Pin connectors, wildside. It runs just fine, however if you ever plan to overclock them you'll need the 8-pin. Just get it now and wait to upgrade the PSU, or whatever.

u.......u absolutely sure??? I'm freaking out right now!!! I did come across this molex to 8 pin converter cable, but it doesnt look long enough. In case u dont know, i want to support 2 of these babies.

2 HD Molex to EPS 8 pin Power Adaptor Converter Cable - eBay (item 220162978960 end time Feb-18-08 13:43:08 PST)

i also found this PSU for cheaps. I'm gonna read the reviews right now about it:

Newegg.com - Antec TPQ-850 ATX12V / EPS12V 850W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Retail

EDIT:

just found this too:

Newegg.com - HIPER HPU-4M880 ATX12V / EPS12V 880W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CSA - Retail

check this out. I found a PSU list of certified PSU products from AMD:

CrossFireâ„¢ - Certified - Build-Your-Own - CrossFire Certified Power Supplies

EDIT:

PSUs certified for the HD 3870 x2

EDIT 2:

check this out! I just came across a Sapphire brand HD 3870 x2 that comes with a 1 molex to 8 pin converter!! OMG!! I'm gonna get this baby no doubt! I probably wont have to get a new PSU, unless my PSU, which has 72amps i think, is enough to handle it.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100221SR Radeon HD 3870 X2 1GB (512MB x 2) 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

NCIX.com - Buy Diamond Viper Radeon HD 3870 X2 1GB 1.8GHZ GDDR3 2XDVI HDTV Out PCI-E DIRECTX10.1 Video Card - 3870X2PE31G In Canada.
ncix has it.
here is toms hard ware reveiw ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 - Fastest Yet! | Tom's Hardware
im on the aoe page and its interesting to see at a res of 1680 x1050 the 3870x2 outperforms the 8800ultra with aa and af on.

EDIT: it actually seems to be comon in most games that the 3870x2 outperforms the 8800ultra with aa on.

in higher resolutions no doubt. On all the HD 3870 x2's on newegg, they all recommend a 750w. Mine is a 700w n if u read in my previous posts, im freaked to death that i wont be able to support 2 of them because of the watt recommendation n no 8pin converters. This Sapphire one just save me money.......well sort of.

i should be getting one around mid-Feb.

man this card is looking sexy. So all those people telling me about how the 520hx can handle just about anything, can it handle one of these? :-D I am pretty sure someone said yes. haah, i just think it is funny that they all recommend a 750watt supply for it.

And about that Toms Hardware review. This is great, it is performing with the ultra, but that card has been out for how long? I hope ATI has something up their sleeve to compete with the 9800 series. But I am happy it is doing so well at such a great price. I remember the price point of the ultra when it came out..

man this card is looking sexy. So all those people telling me about how the 520hx can handle just about anything, can it handle one of these? :-D I am pretty sure someone said yes. haah, i just think it is funny that they all recommend a 750watt supply for it.

ya i know, but the watts dont matter the most, the amps do. From most of the reviews ive seen, the card consumes around 400 or so watts on loading n around 200 or so watts. If i had 2 of them, then i would need like around 800w. So, idk what do to do if i try getting a second one not knowing that it wont work on this PSU, which runs terrific btw.

ya i know, but the watts dont matter the most, the amps do. From most of the reviews ive seen, the card consumes around 400 or so watts on loading n around 200 or so watts. If i had 2 of them, then i would need like around 800w. So, idk what do to do if i try getting a second one not knowing that it wont work on this PSU, which runs terrific btw.

yeah I know its amps, but what about how much an overclocked cpu will take added on. I guess if you only have one, the 520 is still ok. But if you go for two then you need something much bigger. It is just hard to trust sometimes. makes me sound repetitive and stupid, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom