Locking up after vid card install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sooo sick of seeing superpi tell me 'Not in round' or 'Not convergent in SQR'. Grrrrrrr. I'm overclocked to 3.37 and the first thing I do is run a 1meg superpi and no matter what I do I get the same result. Here's my setup now
FSB 1500
Mem in synch mode at 750mhz with loose timings
vcore 1.45v
mem 2.2v
1.2HT at 1.45
NB at 1.4
SB at 1.65
CPU VTT at 1.5

My highest core temp is 48 and my lowest is 44. Any thoughts to help me get stable?

Flashing my bios fried my bios. Called Asus last night and after literally 45 minutes waiting for tech support I got a nice lady who is sending me a new bios chip. Should be here tomorrow.
I was using bios version 1205 and tried to flash to 1303. When I talked to her on the phone she said both versions are betas and asked which one I wanted. I said, uhhhh 1104? lol
Now I'm surfing the web on a screaming 433mhz celeron with 128meg of ram. Bet y'all are jealous of my 'rig' now. lol
It's an odd sensation to just be typing and have to wait for the computer to catch up.

ya asus support is TERRIBLE.... which is why i got rid of mine!!! haha

the forums suck.. and all of the moderators try to say its something else's fault and not the mobo.. yet i've tried my gpu, ram and cpu in other computers.... *******s

ya, there's been alot of problems w/ bios chips getting fried.. which is why i never flashed my bios

I've been tinkering with the idea of getting a new MB to fit my q6600, ram and dual 7800GTs. The only worry I have is that I might have to purchase vista again. Although if I tell them it's a motherboard swap out they may activate it for me. I could email them pics of me urinating on the flaming carcass of my asus mb. That may help. :D
What MB would you recommend?

evga 680i A1 or a 780i... those 2 are pretty much the only nvidia boards that'll overclock well w/ a quad core

and i think w/ most windows copies it allows up to 3 computers per household, so you should be fine.. otherwise, ya, just call and let them know

Got my new bios chip in this evening, got it installed and overclocked my system to 3.01ghz by doing nothing more than changing the fsb and leaving the memory linked. Didn't have much luck at any fsb over that but haven't felt like messing with it much this evening.
As my original post stated I couldn't get it to overclock to 2.8 without some kind of problems. With the new 1103 bios chip I've been at 3.01ghz running prime95 for three hours and the highest my temps have gotten were 66c. Most of the time the temp stays between 58 and 63c. Also, I have my case fans on Qfan which keeps them nice and quiet. I'm confident that if I get the computer up to 3.2 or 3.4ghz and turn my fans up to 60 or 70% I'll be able to keep my temps down.

that new bios chip seems to do a nice job! maybe i should this one fried and grab a new one (well its not my board anymore... its my friends.. so not my concern!!) haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom