Q6700 vs Phenom 9500

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Nearly the same systems: Difference is the 9500 runs on a MSI mobo and the Q6700 on a Gigabyte. 4 gigs of Adata DDR2 800 and the same drives etc.

3DMark05:

Q6700 (OC'd to 2.99) = 17980
9500 (stock) = 13950

Both systems have Evga 8800GTS 320's on board.

Both systems are very fast and stable. I experience no difference in gaming on HL2 TF2. Either system is great. If you have to have a Porsche ve a Corvette, spend the money. The Phenom and mobo upgrade cost $289. The Q6700 (and I got a deaL!) COST $463 shipped. OUCH! If you are on a budget the 9500 is the way to go IMO. Phenom runs hotter and consumes slightly more wts.

wow thats good scores right there, what would happen if you tried 06'

(waits on Maroon1 to make some Intel Fanboy related comment)

So the point of this thread was to show that the Phenom isnt as good as intel quad?

Imo the E8400 pwns.. i would get that and the DS3-L motherboard..

ya that e8400 is great

if AMD fails me on the Phenoms, I'll probably sell off the x2 4600+ and the Biostar TA770 board later on and get a Wolfdale (I really hope they don't though)

I don't know a single person who really likes the way Intel runs their business. But just have hope that AMD will strike back with a more ferocious cpu like with the athlon!!!

But for now, just buy what is best... imo this pushes amd to work harder.

well, this was given to me (actually I just had to buy the Board, PSU and HD, and Optical Drive) so I'm pretty satisfied with it, but based on what reviews say on the processor it won't budge at all in Clock Speeds

So the point of this thread was to show that the Phenom isnt as good as intel quad?

Imo the E8400 pwns.. i would get that and the DS3-L motherboard..

Absolutely not. It depends on your budget. The Phenom system I detailed is great and for aloit less money if you want to head down the Quad trail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom