Ordering TOMORROW. Need help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're both GTS, but I realized that one is 640MB. So I guess that one.
...But the other one is PCI Express 2.0...
All these numbers that are bigger than other numbers!

mgcook is right about the GTS 512 running circles around the GTS 640, because it's a revision of the older models. It has the same number of stream processors, as the GTX. 128, as opposed to the older GTS's 96. The new GTS also uses the 65nm process, which runs cooler than the older 80nm process, used by the GTS 640.

I don't want to tell you what to do but I agree with Sora. Before I built this computer (my first) I spent over a year researching computer parts and learning what I would need to know to make a good decision. Now I'm not telling you to spend a year because most of that was due to necessary waiting while my parents decided if they were really gonna spend the money on my computer. Anyways, I knew the ins and outs of all the parts I was purchasing before I bought them. This is somewhat of a personal preference but I like to know everything about something before I buy it, especially when it comes to something as expensive as a computer.

I do agree with all the suggestions everybody else made though. Good luck with your build

I don't want to tell you what to do but I agree with Sora. Before I built this computer (my first) I spent over a year researching computer parts and learning what I would need to know to make a good decision. Now I'm not telling you to spend a year because most of that was due to necessary waiting while my parents decided if they were really gonna spend the money on my computer. Anyways, I knew the ins and outs of all the parts I was purchasing before I bought them. This is somewhat of a personal preference but I like to know everything about something before I buy it, especially when it comes to something as expensive as a computer.

I do agree with all the suggestions everybody else made though. Good luck with your build

Ehm...I've built a PC before this. And to be honest...It's not that complicated.
:confused:
Really, I mean basically everything just has to be compatible. And now it's kind of obvious what to choose.
"QUAD CORE!"
"8800!"
"2-4 GB RAM!"
"THIS OR THIS MOTHERBOARD"
"GRAHGARHGGHHAG!"

Obviously that's not what everyone has, but really, I'm really confident with everything. It's all set now. It's the just the graphics card that I want to nail.

SO EVERYONE SAYS THE 512 MB GTS?

no ^^ its just a coincidence that those cases were, I mean it fits in the Antec 900 (barely) and thats a mid-tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom