Arctic Silver - Running Hot Idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalninjas

Baseband Member
Well, I just applied some Arctic Silver Ceramique, and its running 41-42C idle... Yea, I'm thinking the same thing. I ran the computer with the stock thermal paste last night, and today I just cleaned it off and applied the Ceramique, do you think that I didn't clean it off well enough? That, or maybe I moved the heatsink around too much? Because I had some wires trapped under the hook and had to lift the hook up and get them out which took a minute or two. So should I take off the heatsink and clean the CPU/Heatsink again and re-apply? I got to 25%CPU being used and it went to 43-44, so I'm afraid that something is wrong or does this happen the first few minutes its applied?

Arctic Silver Ceramique

Due to the unique shapes and sizes of the particles in Ceramique, it will take a minimum of 25 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. (This period will be longer in a system without a fan on the heatsink.) On systems measuring actual internal core temperatures via the CPU's internal diode, the measured temperature will often drop slightly over this "break-in" period. This break-in will occur during the normal use of the computer as long as the computer is turned off from time to time and the interface is allowed to cool to room temperature. Once the break-in is complete, the computer can be left on if desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom