Tech Forum CPU Benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Hello. Ive created this piece of software that im still working on that benchmarks one's cpu. What it does is time in >milliseconds how long the operation took to complete. I currently have the following tests:

- "String Find and Delete." - What this does is searches through a big long string and finds characters and words etc then replaces them with 'X'. The long string is actually an excerpt from the computers page on Wikipedia.

- "Zip Dump Test" - This was originally going to be the un-zipping of large files for a certain amount of time but this was kind of benching the HDD as well so i scrapped that for constantly finding properties about what was in the zip.

- "Mathematics Test." - All this test does is do some basic math over and over again, some stuff to do with 'pi', dividing by weird numbers, multiplying the answers together, etc.

- "Encrypt/Decrypt String" - This is next on my list. I'm just going to keep encrypting/decrypting a large string.

Now, the program this was written in tends to be very slow, so, perfect! If i wasn't using such a slow program (GM) to execute these codes, it would take lots more effort to get a system to show signs of stress. This being said, i don't have a quad core to test it on, and its likely not to be multi core optimized, but quads/duals should still distribute the load evenly.

This program was created and tested on a P4 2.8ghz (XP). I got about '35' as my score. the LOWER the score, the BETTER. As these are timing related. Also, the results are a bit touchy, its good to run it with nothing open, and run it 3 or 4 times. After this, check the results txt file to see your scores. The program can be closed after it says: "Final Test/Test Complete."

This is also kind of a beta test, i have no idea what Windows OS version this can run on (Should be Vista compatible), how easy the test is going to be for those cpu beasts etc.

Im hoping that one day, after alot of effort, people will actually recommend people use this at the forums, but that will be a long, long time away.

So, when your done and you think the program is working good for you, dont forget to post your results and specs, thank you. :happy:

Download:
1.31mb - Zip - http://combustion-ent.uni.cc/zedman/TFCPU_BENCH0_2.zip
(Needs every single file, keep it as it is.)

///// TechForums CPU Bench v0.2
Total Execute Time (Less is better): 38.10
Additional: x86 / 2 / Windows Vista

Wow, whats your specs, and did you run it more than once. Because my results were:

But then i was running XP with nothing going on in the background.
Thanx for replying m8. :happy:

Wow, whats your specs, and did you run it more than once. Because my results were:

But then i was running XP with nothing going on in the background.
Thanx for replying m8. :happy:

Nothing special.
Vista Business
No Video Card, just built in video
1.5 gigs ram
2.8 DC Intel

only have MSN Messenger and AVG running as usual.

I only ran it once, shud I do it again?

Total Execute Time (Less is better): 38.10
Total Execute Time (Less is better): 38.69
Total Execute Time (Less is better): 38.79
Total Execute Time (Less is better): 35.11

The last one 38.10 is with every service disabled in MSCONFIG, looks like thats as low as I will get

I just now realized I got a 35.11... :)

Cool, thanx guys. I was worried you guys had Core2Duos and getting those scores. This is great, thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom