Prime something... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
There is a program that stresses out your cpu so that you can check temps and stability...

Its name is Prime something and i googled it but couldnt find it...

I thought it was well known so if you guys know the name and where to download it please direct me to it.

thx in advance
drizzt

prime95 i believe 0.26 is the most recent version that allows quad core testing. I'm at work though so not certain.

I think i may be running prime95 v.024... thats the only one i found ... so far my temps havent gone over 51C and thats only on the first core... and that one occasionally goes back down to 47C... but i dont think its on full load... full load means that the load on each core is 100% right? :/ cause they are like in the 20's and less and 1 is like 80...

If you can't find a version of prime that runs all 4 cores you need to either run prime 4 times, or download a different program. Orthos does at least 2 cores so you can just run 2 instances of it.

I think v25.5 stresses all cores. People don't run this when they start up they use it to make sure that they're overclock is both stable and has controllable temperatures. If your computer can run it for about 6-8 hours it 100% stable at that overclock. Although 2 or more hours is usually enough to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom