Help! Computer won't boot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Recently I've been having tons of issues with my self-built computer. Whenever I boot it up, everything starts running for a second then instantly shuts down. I've tried unplugging all the cords and waiting for hours and to no avail. It has turned on sometimes, rarely, and even then I always leave my computer on because I'm afraid it won't boot up again the next time I turn it on.

So recently our power went out and so when I tried to boot it up, same problem. I've tried turning it off and waiting for 6+ hours (overnight) and then turning it on and waiting for 6+ hours to turn it on again and still it is not fixed. Please help.

P.S. After I boot it up and it shuts down immediately, if I hit the button two more times everything starts running but there are no lights at the front of my tower and nothing comes up on the monitor.

Well I hit the power button at a random time today after it not powering up numerous times today as usual and everything booted up fine until tt said that Windows XP did not boot properly because of a possible hardware failure the last time the computer was on but needless to say it gave the option to run the computer in normal mode. So I hit that option and the Windows XP loading screen pops up with the loading bar and after about a minute (normally takes 10-15 seconds), it just freezes and when I hit the restart button the computer just shuts down.

How I get the PC to turn on is I take out the plug for the PSU, wait for about 5 minutes, then plug it back in and hit the switch in the back and wait for about an hour. Any other way does not seem to work.

Any idea what I should do now? Is it still a PSU problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom