why do you hate vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, my dislike was the lack of drivers, which few had had time to develop due to MS flip-flopping Vista's development. That, and most controls/settings had been moved.

Vista is set up much more intuitively that XP is. that's good if you are new to Windows, but sucks if you already know XP. ;) I am slowly changing my mind about Vista, though.

Well the driver thign i can say is also not M$'s fault. Think of this. Vista went final Nov 2, 2006 and was released to the public Jan 30, 2007. That is just about 3 months for Creative, ATi, nVidia, RealTek and all the others to create drivers. At least get some drivers written and tested for the release.

Creative, RealTek and many others would not even touch Vista till it was released. Which means they wasted that time from from Nov to Jan. Creative only release 1 set of Beta drivers for Vista while ATi and nViida had at least 5 or 6 different ones.

So really you cant blame M$ for the lack of drivers. Giving developers 3 months to work on them i think shows some support form M$ that they didnt want this issue to come out like it did. but it was the developers that could not have cared less of the end user.

Meh what can i say? I have sued it and while it isnt perfect but it works for me. I can use it with no effort. I know it is cause of my use of it thru the beta. But still. I dont think that the slag Vista has been given is all deserving. Many of the issues are not totally M$'s fault. While some are, games are slower for some and it does use more resources, i will give you that. The support for it is far less than it should be from the developers.

That's why my opinion is changing toward Vista. I realize that a lot of the problem wasn't MS's fault.

The hardware issue isn't an issue to me, or most on the forums, as we tend to use more up-to-date hardware. For the average user, the hardware requirements/ need to update is/was painful. Honestly, though, very few normal users upgrade the OS on their computer, so this is not a widespread issue in public circles. It is a huge issue, however, for business users...

Yeah business users are getting the short end of the stick. I will admit that. They got a OS that is too powerful for hteir outdated machines and it will cost millions for them to upgrade. So you are totally right.

I am jsut trying not to force my opinion on everyone. I just want people to see that many of these things that they are so quick to blame on Vista, really isnt the fault of Vista. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom