Freezing for no Fing reason!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looby

In Runtime
hey guys i hope to god you can help me im ready to take my pc out in the yard and put it out of MY misery!!!@

k... computer randomly freezes. i cant do anything not ctl+atl+del not atl+tab nothing... only happens in games(i think thats the only time i notice it) and it only happens like the first or second time i run the game like i boot up and run awesome game #1 well i get into the game about 5 mins then.......... nothing i realize nothing is happening so off goes the power and reboot. this might happen twice then no problem but never more than twice that i can remember. like i said only happens in games(games are all legit aswell just incase you where thinking bad\hacked games) happens on any game i have not just one in perticular. plz help me im loosing my mind...!!!

have run:

avg spyware = nothing
avg rootkit = nothing
norton anti virus scan = nothing
norton one button thingy = nothing
hijackthis = nothing

specs

ASUS P4S800D-X
Intel P4 Prescott 3.0E
2GB Corsair XMS pc3200
ATI Radeon 9600XT
250GB WD HDD (system)
500GB WD HDD (other)
650WATT BFG PSU
2x LG dvd burners

i have tried carbon, FFXI, half life 1 and 2, an old game called septerra core(you have probably never heard of it)....

all of which computer can handle no problem..

overheating... im pretty sure its not doing that i have a (albeit ******) water cooling system and the temps never go high. also running a program called speedfan to monitor that...

i can put all the games on 640x480 on low and still crashes.

computer never goes above 120f which is WELL within the heat tolerance on a prescott...

pc crashes playing this

allgame ((( Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator [2005] > System Requirements )))

release date is WAY WRONG but just check the specs...

PC REQUIREMENTS
350MHz Processor
64MB RAM
300MB Hard Disk Space
8MB 3D Video Card
DirectX compatible Sound Card
DirectX 8.0
4X CD-ROM Drive
Keyboard
Mouse

i ran some kind of video card endurance/benchmark tester (cant remember the name right now ill look later and edit post) and i only let it run 30mins but temps stayed below 114f and NO problems. benchmark was like 480fps

k cleaned the radiator and flushed the system (just to be safe) but still nothing so im pretty sure its not overheating...

now i have been thinking do you think that my graphics card could be going? i have had it for........ i believe 5-6 years... maybe less i cant remember when i got it.... i have never had a problem with it. it runs games it shouldnt be able too its a beast and i love it but do you think it might be reaching the end of its life?

Do you have anything overclocked? I was getting random lockups when i first put the rig back together 2 weeks ago, but i had my memory settings jacked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom