Installed Video card, now stop error

Status
Not open for further replies.

steak1986

Baseband Member
I recently installed a "new" into a computer at work, and now when I boot I get a bsod saying stop 0x0000007e(0xc0000005, 0xf6dcd384, 0xf7a81420, 0xf7a8111c). The machine is a IBM model number 8212-un7, I have this same machine; then I installed a tnt2 graphics card into it. When i turned the machine on I get this error message, while trying to load windows. I have downlaoded a new driver from nvidia, but have not yet had a time to install it. Anyone have ideas other than a driver issue. I tried emailing Microsoft, but they charge 60 buck for a question so they can go F themselves. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

what video card is it and what motherboard have you installed it on?

The graphics card is a Nvidia TNT2, yes I know it is old. That and a generic IBM motherboard. I dont know what kind, it is a work system.

I had an old card like that it was a Nvidia MX2 32MB :) I think we can rule out a PSU issue as that card won't require much juice to run, have you tried the drivers again as this may be the main cause, if you have the CD it may be best to run the software which came on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom