why do you hate vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pts2800

In Runtime
most of us don't like vista, or rather use XP then vista, but i was just wondering what are some of your reasons you don't like it?

eats up too much RAM
don't like how its set up
not compatible with everything
and a few other small things

Most people hate what they do not know. They fear change. When Vista is older and something new comes out it will be the same thing.

Are you trying to fire Makaveli up first thing this morning or what?

Most people hate what they do not know. They fear change. When Vista is older and something new comes out it will be the same thing.

Are you trying to fire Makaveli up first thing this morning or what?

well you got a point there with the fear, and for the Makaveli i am just trying to get peoples opinion.

most people don't hate vista....
I say that because you cannot say something so assumptive...

You can however, say most people who don't like Vista, do not know what they are really doing...

for example, it is a new OS, designed for new machines...hence it has high demands to run it...
aforementioned people will refuse to acknowledge this, buy Vista, can't get it to run well....and blame the OS.

similar people will buy firewall apps and complain that it pops up messages to block things....you want to slap those people in the face :D

none of your problems exist for me because I am a MINIMALLY intelligent consumer. I actually know what I am doing, rather than not...and blaming something because of my ineptitude.

other run of the mill examples:
buy a skateboard, don't know how to skate, skateboard/skateboarding is stupid
buy an HDTV, don't use HD sources, complain the HDTV sucks
buy widescreen movies for a 4:3 tv and complain of the black bars
buy 4:3 movies for a 16:9 tv and complain of the non ws format

etc etc...I prefer to be more logical and less irrational
:D heehee

My intense dislike for Vista stemmed from my main encounter with it on my mother-in-law's new computer. Brand new, right out of the box, so it wasn't on an older machine.

First off, all the settings were in different places than in XP, so it was a headache to get it set right. And then the real fun started. Her BRAND NEW lexmark printer wouldn't work because there were no drivers for it, period. Her ISP software (Netscape) would not work with Vista. the programs she was REQUIRED to use for her college classes would not work with Vista. By the time we got to this point, she said, "Pack it back up. I'm taking it back and finding something that works." Thankfully we were able to find her an XP box (a Compaq).

Things have changed since then. Once I get my hard drives straightened out, I will be dual-booting Vista to give it a real try. Vista was still pretty new when I tangled with it. While it was gorgeous, it was released before it was ready for primetime.

Microsoft's yo-yo approach to making Vista, and their reluctance to let third parties have to to develop drivers because of this, hamstrung Vista before it even got out of the gate. Had MS had their ducks in a row from the get-go, they could have had Vista up and actually finished, and there would have been drivers for most everything out there. At least now drivers are finally catching up.

I don't hate Vista. I just think it's unnecessary for the jump from XP...for now? I just think of it, as more eye candy with DX10.

But I'm willing to play around with Vista...got a free copy, from my uncle, so I might as well try it.

I'm dual booting it right now. I'm slowly getting into it, mostly because i have to reinstall games/programs and i usually just decide to be lazy and reboot to xp rather than reinstall stuff. Also, it doesnt like to let me use 3 video cards like xp does.

Dont hate it, just dislike the fact a lotta old software wont work, and some will work, with a lot of tinkering... That and I can't play .avi files correctly at all...

Charles yoru software issue is not Vista related. It is related to the fact that the software developers have not updated their stuff to run on Vista. What happens when Windows 7 comes out and it is not backward compatible at all with XP stuff? Just liek XP wasnt compatible with anything before it? Will everyone shun it cause of this?

Also use a codec pack and you should ahve no issue palying .avi files. CCCP, AC3filter, KLite and Vista codec pack all work on Vista and play every file i ahve thrown it WMP.

That is what i find funny. Everyone shns Vista for the fact that things dont work. But yet this is not M$'s fault. They updated their software and no one else has. Yet this is M$'s fault how? At least M$ updated where as these other are just putting out the same stuff with some new features.

Windows 7 is supposed to be like Windows XP was when it hit. It is not supposed to work with anything before it. It is supposed to be totally new. Nothign from XP or Vista is supposed to work on it. So i can see these threads popping up like candy after Windws 7 gets released since everyone will gripe that nothign works on it. Espically when it isnt supposed to until the developers update it to work on Windows 7....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom