pci gfx card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalin90

Daemon Poster
ok so im sellin my 8800gts g80 pretty soon to get a g92(i might just wait untill the 9800 comes out but thats a long time without gaming...). so i was wondering if a pci fx5200 would work on a evga 680i a1 mobo untill my new card arrives? its the only card i have settin around lol

If that card is pci then i dout your motherboard has a pci connection if its fairly new, it will just be agp and pci-e

New Mother boards still use PCI slots, usually 3-4 of them for everything outside of graphics cards. They don't use AGP slots anymore. The mobo you listed has 2 pci slots. Only thing that would hold you back I think would possibly be out dated drivers working on XP or Vista for the card.

If that card is pci then i dout your motherboard has a pci connection if its fairly new, it will just be agp and pci-e

every new motherboard has pci slots. all kinds of stuff still use them like sound cards and tv tuners,sata controllers... u have agp and pci mixed up. nothing new has agp slots

ive use the card on xp before im just worried because its a dx8 card and doesnt some sound cards require dx9? not sure ill look at my sound card box when i get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom