x38vs p35

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a 860Mhz wall in the factory BIOS...those cards can clock into the 900/2500's with stock cooling with the unlocked BIOS.

I just one to ask you a question, do you think people here are going to get two 8800GTS in SLI and play COD4 without AA ? If no then there is no reason to compare them with AA off

At 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 with 4x AA, both 8800GT SLI and 8800GTS SLI outperformed HD3870 crossfire.

And there is no reason to compare them with AA off, because no one is going two buy two video cards and play COD4 with AA off.

So, in other words that review you posted proves that 8800GT SLI is faster than HD3870 in crossfire. So please don't try too fool people here

il be buying two 3870s and playign at low res in crossfire with no aa, i find aa preaty pointless it is only very noticable below 1280x 1-24, anything above that doesnt need aa. either way the 3870 is way cheaper then sli 8800gts, and there is no way your going to notice a diference from 160fps to 140fps.

IMO, lack of AA is extremely noticable at 1280x1024, i need at least 4x to make my games look truly great.

I also have a question to maroon1:

I see that you have a 20" monitor. Are jaggies less prevelant to to the physically smaller size of the pixels compared to a 22", and does the picture look sharper?

well i notice the lack of aa just a litle but its only on things like wires sometimes fences and poles thats abotu it, i usually put 2xaa if i can anything above that isnt noticable.

il be buying two 3870s and playign at low res in crossfire with no aa, i find aa preaty pointless it is only very noticable below 1280x 1-24, anything above that doesnt need aa.

I play at 1680x1050 and I find AA very noticable in some games

I find it pointless to buy two video cards to run games without AA, specially if your are playing a non-demanding game such as COD4

either way the 3870 is way cheaper then sli 8800gts

But it not cheaper than SLI 8800GT

8800GT can be found for $239 from newegg, and $228 from ncixus.com

3870's with the unlocked bios will destroy any 8800GT's in SLI and get darn near what the GTSs can do...not to mention they are cheaper..and the x38 chipset is better & cheaper than the nvidia boards.

I see that you have a 20" monitor. Are jaggies less prevelant to to the physically smaller size of the pixels compared to a 22", and does the picture look sharper?

I don't have 22", and I never saw anyone playing a game on 22"

But as far as I know, the smaller the pixel you have the less prevelant the jaggies are

im getting brand name 3870's from his for 239. not some cheapo 8800gt brand with a **** warranty, ive had enuf cards burn up on me that i will not buy from anyone but a very credible retailer, that has a very good warranty. so no inno3d for me. ive had 3 7900gt burn on me, and xfx sent me a 7950gt passive cooling and it hasnt burnt on me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom