Ordering TOMORROW. Need help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeller

In Runtime
Okay, my main questions:

For my Q6600:Should I get it from that place that assures G0 stepping?
Which 8800 is best for <=$300?
Isn't there some kind of special hard drive speed or something? Should I get that?
Do you recommend Vista? If so, which version? How much is it?
How many fans? Which case? Which PSU?

Basically all I have is 2 GB of DDR2 RAM.

What should I get?
Thanks.

edit: UPDATE:BUILD:
TELL ME WHAT I NEED/WHAT'S WRONG.
WILL THE TUNIQ TOWER FIT IN MY CASE?

CASE
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-Pider ATXA2XPW-AL/500 Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX 500W Daul12V (V2.03) Power Supply - Retail

HEATSINK (TUNIQ TOWER)
Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail

GRAPHICS CARD
Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGE88512GTSE GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

PSU
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

CPU, MOBO, 2 GB RAM
XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard CPU Bundle - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor 2.40GHz OEM, Corsair TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 Memory (2 x 1024MB) at TigerDirect.com

HDD
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3750330AS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

I HAVE 2 MORE GB OF RAM THAT I ALREADY BOUGHT

VISTA HOME PREMIUM
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit DSP OEM DVD 66I-00715 at TigerDirect.com

How is it?

you seem to know o so very little that I really don't think you should be ordering tomorrow....give it some more time and don't make a decision you will regret later.

ClubIT guarantees G0:
ClubIT Product - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping Kentsfield 2.40GHz 8MB L2 LGA 775 Processor Retail BX80562Q6600 SLACR

Get the 8800GT (preferably eVGA for their warranty and step-up program)

Don't worry about HDD speed, the 7,200 RPM 750GB Western Digital preforms almost par with their 10,000 RPM Raptor.

Vista is fine, I'd say Home Premium. Idk price off the top of my head.

Pick your own case, it's personal preference. I'd recommend the Thermaltake Armor or Antec P182.

Get a 450W or above PSU. Good brand names are Antec, Corsair, Rosewill, Silverstone.

jeller said:
For my Q6600:Should I get it from that place that assures G0 stepping?
Newegg should have a 95-99% chance of getting a G0. They're B3 stepping should of been gone for some time now. But you can get a guaranteed G0 at ClubIT.com
Which 8800 is best for <=$300?
Not really which is best. An 8800GT (I assume...), is an 8800GT. But the top brands for Nvidia cards, are EVGA and XFX.
Isn't there some kind of special hard drive speed or something? Should I get that?
Not really as of now. But a hard drive I highly recommend, is Seagate's new Barracuda 7200.11 drives.
Do you recommend Vista? If so, which version? How much is it?
If you want to play games in DX10, get Vista. It's around $110 and up, depending on the version you buy. I would suggest Home Premium 32bit, if you were to go Vista.
How many fans? Which case? Which PSU?
Depends on the case. For the case, depends on how much you want to spend on the case. For the PSU, depends on the budget and the rest of the specs. But something along the lines of a 40A 550W PSU, is great for any system.

Basically you should state the budget.

mnelson beat me to it...

you seem to know o so very little that I really don't think you should be ordering tomorrow....give it some more time and don't make a decision you will regret later.

Actually, I have everything pretty much set at newegg. I just wanted to make sure everything I have isn't obselete X(.

Thanks to all the answers. So is the .11 hard drive or whatever really that amazing?

And aren't there different MB values for 8800GTs? Which one is the best for <=$300?

They're both GTS, but I realized that one is 640MB. So I guess that one.
...But the other one is PCI Express 2.0...
All these numbers that are bigger than other numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom