Should have bought a 6800!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats only DOOM3 and DOOM is made to work better with Nvidia, just like HL2 will probably be better with ATi:rolleyes:

Oh well?

I've read tons of threads at fs2004.com, and Ive read that there's all these people trying to get their FPS high like 50fps or anything, blah blah all of that.. But what's the point? Games dont 'show' much of a difference to the human eye between 40fps and like 60fps..You know?

If both cards were similary priced, then maybe you could have gotten the 6800, but I'm just saying... :-/ :p I find people who try to get like over 30fps weird sometimes :p 30FPS is fine, is it not?

Hockey07 said:
Oh well?

I've read tons of threads at fs2004.com, and Ive read that there's all these people trying to get their FPS high like 50fps or anything, blah blah all of that.. But what's the point? Games dont 'show' much of a difference to the human eye between 40fps and like 60fps..You know?

If both cards were similary priced, then maybe you could have gotten the 6800, but I'm just saying... :-/ :p I find people who try to get like over 30fps weird sometimes :p 30FPS is fine, is it not?

I notice a difference from 60 FPS down:confused:

Plus, I can see my 9800 Pro starting to stutter with Far Cry, so with DOOM3 and HL2 it might start to stutter:confused:

30fps lol. i think the standart now is at least 150.
---------------------------------------
u can quadrupal fps(dont know how to spell it=4x), just by turnning off stuff like Vsync/antialias/ and lower resolution a little. and u wont even see a difference ona CRT monitor.

You guys heard that rumor about ATI making another card to compete with the 6800 GT ? If I got a card now it would be a 6800 GT , which is what beedubaya would have bought since it performs a LITTLE better than the X800 Pro , its got SM 3.0 , its cheaper , and has as many pipelines as the Ultra and can perfrom better than an Ultra at stock speeds if you've got good cooling .

Mine does :D i have mine alot faster than the ultra. The standard isnt wuite 150 fps, that is insane its more like 90-100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom