My new build, comments? Dual WC Loops, QX9650, 780i, 8800Ultra x2 SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no question on the ABS Tagen 1100W BZ, it's rock solid and has everything a PSU ever could have.

As for the water cooling loops, I was thikning of getting that thermo-chill coolant by DD, it looks pretty good so far. For the CPU I'm using the DD TDX, and for the GPUs I'm using DD's 8800GTX blocks (which are actually made by BFG). I'm also using 2 seperate rads (one blue and one ferrari red lol (matches the coolant), they're 240mm GTS Stealth rads. I'm using one right now, and it does the job quite well.

ROFL @ Mark, but I want the unlocked CPU so I can really push that thing. Plus, I do LAN parties almost weekly, and that's some bad *** bragging rights I'll get for this.

@aspire: A single loop with any radiator will not cut it for efficiency. Both the CPU and dual GPUs are going to be very hot, and a single loop just isn't practical. There's plenty of room in my TT Armor. One rad will be in the front where the drive bays used to be and I'm going to gut out a fan and use that to mount the other to the back of my case.

@Prophet: No use, I already have an 8800GTX and they will be in the very high performance class for quite some time, so I'm not to concerned. No sense in spending a larger ammount of money to buy the next gen card and have to scrap my current 8800GTX, when I can spend 400 and go SLI with 1200+ in GFX power in my rig.

Let me just say this: With these cards, that proc, on this board, be prepared to update the #1 rank in the 3DMark06 list ;)

I'd get at least a MCR radiator. They are second best next to Thermochill...and they are affordable. You're gonna need at least a 360mm radiator for those GPUs. they put out tons of heat. you can get by with a 240mm radiator for the CPU.

Have you looked into the EK blocks for the GPUs? They are cheaper (I think) and perform better than the DD's

Where can I find the EK blocks? If they are cheaper then I could probably get a better rad for the GPU loop

Let me just say this: With these cards, that proc, on this board, be prepared to update the #1 rank in the 3DMark06 list ;)

Your rig does sound like it would be mad beastly...

btw, i did the same thing... i had 1 8800GT 512 and when i decided to build the new rig i was like... well 8800 gt512 is still a good card... y not just get another one instead of going ATI like i kind of want to...

I'm getting good performance ^.^ but I cant have dual ++ monitors ...... grrr.... i would happily trade my 2 8800 gt's for 1 ultra probably just so i dont have to deal with nvidias retarded sli... but then again like you said :) at lans 2 GPU'S that together benchmark higher then a ultra gets u some bragging rights

Why would I get the MCR when the Thermalchill 120.3 rad has so much more heat/wattage dissipation? For the price:performance, I don't mind getting that one. It's just huge and with that fin density it will be a bit loud to pull air through it.

Do you think my 240 GTS stealth will hold up on the proc? It's a 2 fan dual pass high-fin density $60 rad.. I can't seem to find the wattage dissipation of it however, and I know the CPU stock will put out 130watts in heat energy, and I'm sure this rad is up at around 400-500 so I have some room to overclock.

I had a question however, Newegg suddenly got rid of their Transcend aXe RAM (DDR2 1200) so now I don't know what RAM would be best... I want high speed RAM, overclockable too.

Team Xtreem 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1200 (PC2 9600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TXDD2048M1200HC5DC - Retail

Patriot Viper 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1150 (PC2 9200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PVS22G9200ELK - Retail

Kingston HyperX 4GB(4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Quad Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX8500D2K4/4G - Retail

Any of these? I like the HyperX since it gives you 1066 and 4GB for a reasonable price, but I don't know how much I shgould trust Kingston?

For the CPU I'm using the DD TDX, and for the GPUs I'm using DD's 8800GTX blocks (which are actually made by BFG)

Actually your incorrect, the cards that bfg sells with the blocks on them are made by dangerden not bfg.

Bfg simply buys the unbranded blocks from dangerden and has they're name and logo etched onto the surface...

Petra's Tech Shop

Much secksier than the danger den block :)

That's what I meant actually lol, BFG uses DD's :p

Should I get the copper one or the nickle one? Won't Nickel corrode my other components since it'll be mixing with copper?

Also, I know of a site that has 6 PA120.3s in stock for $130.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom