Vista Compatible Security Programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eset Smart Secuiryt does both. Great app used it all thru its beta stages. As for single apps.

Avast, AVg and NOD32 are all Vista compatible. Firewalls is another story. I jsut uninstalled Zone Alarm and my net speeds almost doubled from when it was isntalled on Vista. There are a couple others out there but nothing really great like on XP.

dang it, thanks man, now all I need is a firewall (I'm going to be using Vista Home Basic or Premium or something from this site I found for my new build) can't wait to say bye-bye to this old P4 :D

but got any tips to make Vista Faster??

EDIT another thing can you help me decide which version of Vista is good for me

Well Ultimate is wated. There is no Extras that make it worth the $$. Home PRemium can do Media Center. Home Basic is worse than XP Home edition. Steer clear of that. So it would be your choice between Business edition and Home Premium. I would say Home Premium.

as for making it faster. There are a bunch of TweakVI applicaitons out there. Try a couple of those.

As for a firewall...that is tough. Comodo isnt compatible yet. Most of the other ones i know of are part of a security suite. Zone Alarm is the ony one i can think of off hand that is just stand alone.

Well Ultimate is wated. There is no Extras that make it worth the $$. Home PRemium can do Media Center. Home Basic is worse than XP Home edition. Steer clear of that. So it would be your choice between Business edition and Home Premium. I would say Home Premium.

as for making it faster. There are a bunch of TweakVI applicaitons out there. Try a couple of those.

As for a firewall...that is tough. Comodo isnt compatible yet. Most of the other ones i know of are part of a security suite. Zone Alarm is the ony one i can think of off hand that is just stand alone.

well I can get any of the versions for free :D and with it'll activate

I think I'll get Home Premium, I should go find a key :D

Be warned that the BIOS Cracks are patched with SP1...

i used zonealarm and antivir previously
then about a week ago uninstalled and used spy sweeper, comodo fw, and avg 7.5....just to test and cycle through what's usable/good
:D

Yes MSDN Does give Home Premium keys. But someone already got mine... I only have Business and Home Basic left...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom