System32 file missing or corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i got an xp cd from my boyfriend and i got my computer fixed but now i have to get another disk from him that install something so i can use the modem i guess cuz i left that disk there cuz i didnt think i needed it but it wont let me online.. the option to use dial-up modem is disabled.. it wont let me click on it but hopefully that other disk is all i need then i'll be good to go..
You need what's called a driver for your modem. If you can't find the disc for it, that means you'll have to find the brand and model of the modem, and download a driver for it.

Basically, a driver is a piece of software that tells your computer how to use a piece of hardware (in this case, your modem)
i have another question tho.. i tried to install the sims 2 and it ways i need directX9.0 compatible graphics adapters to play.. what does that mean?
It can be difficult to explain exactly what DirectX is, but I'll try:

the graphics adapter is what generates all the graphics before it sends the information to your monitor - your monitor just displays exactly what the graphics card tells it to

When you play a game, the CPU will generate the shapes of everything in the game, then the graphics card adds the colours and lighting over the shapes.

DirectX is basically a set of technologies that define the way a graphics card can do that.

Newer DirectX versions means newer technologies are used to generate the graphics

But when they add newer technologies to DirectX, they also need to develop newer graphics cards that can utilise those technologies.

And people with older cards that don't have the newer technologies cannot utilise the newer DirectX versions.

Simply put, if you want to play Sims 2, you will need a newer graphics card that can utilise the newer DirectX version.

You need what's called a driver for your modem. If you can't find the disc for it, that means you'll have to find the brand and model of the modem, and download a driver for it.

Basically, a driver is a piece of software that tells your computer how to use a piece of hardware (in this case, your modem)
It can be difficult to explain exactly what DirectX is, but I'll try:

the graphics adapter is what generates all the graphics before it sends the information to your monitor - your monitor just displays exactly what the graphics card tells it to

When you play a game, the CPU will generate the shapes of everything in the game, then the graphics card adds the colours and lighting over the shapes.

DirectX is basically a set of technologies that define the way a graphics card can do that.

Newer DirectX versions means newer technologies are used to generate the graphics

But when they add newer technologies to DirectX, they also need to develop newer graphics cards that can utilise those technologies.

And people with older cards that don't have the newer technologies cannot utilise the newer DirectX versions.

Simply put, if you want to play Sims 2, you will need a newer graphics card that can utilise the newer DirectX version.

i already installed my driver for my modem.. i think its just where i didt install all of the files that it required or something because i didnt have the other disk..

about the DirectX thing.. i have the same hardware as i did before and i used to play it so i dont understand why it wont work now..

ok i have the same problem but it won't boot up from the xp cd it just keeps going to that error message

i have this problem occasionally if i am like SUPER-clocking, and i push too far and corrupt files?. a repair install or soemtimes even just a CMOS clear gets me back in business.

ok i have the same problem but it won't boot up from the xp cd it just keeps going to that error message
you'll need to change the CMOS settings, so that it will boot from your CD/DVD drive
when it boots up, press F1 or del (it'll be different depending on the computer)
the CMOS layout will be different for each computer, but there will be a section to change boot order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom