Which laptop should I pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnelson07

In Runtime
Which would you pick? Or suggest another if you like.
I like higher resolutions if possible, 2GB RAM, 160+ hdd's and no preference on video card, just taking notes and browsing the web so nothing fancy.
I do like next-gen wireless cards and bluetooth though, kind of "future-proof" to me in that sense so I can take advantage of those technologies as they become more popular.

laptops.jpg

Inspiron 1420 would be my choice. There is very little in the laptops you provided that would put one clearly ahead of the other.

What the heck is making the vostro so expensive? It has a crap processor, crap graphics card... Is it the bluetooth or something? I am not too good with the bluetooth.

Also I thought dell had free shipping? Or do you live out of the states?

Vostros are well built laptop's and i agree that they are to expensive.

None of those seem very well priced to me. I think you could do better for a grand. Are you using any coupons or anything? Try these, you can get a better computer for less.

» Dell Coupon Codes & Dell Computer Coupons

Save $400 on all Inspironâ„¢ notebook purchases over $1299 (before tax, fees, shipping & handling) in Dell Home.
For this offer, enter Dell Coupon Code: SDK3J937B23KTK

Save $200 on all Inspiron notebook purchases over $899 (before tax, fees, shipping & handling) in Dell Home.
For this offer, enter Dell Coupon Code: 2G81689?4FMXFC

Some other good coupons on that site, too, if you must go Dell.

I don't have to go Dell, they are just normally priced better.

The Vostro makes you pay shipping, only the Inspirons don't require it. The proc on the Vostro isn't horrible, still C2D and only 266MHz slower, not too horrible. Bluetooth only adds like $20, I think the Wireless N cards are $40-50.

I was leaning towards the 1420 myself, I'm wondering what the difference is in weight between it and the 1525.

That Vostro seems way overpriced. But if you had to choose between the three, I would go with the Inspiron 1420.

If I weren't limited to those three Dell models, I would definitely consider an HP Pavilion DV2700T. They are already shipping with Penryns, and in a few months, the price for the upgrade should come down drastically.

DV2700Ts are just the right mix between size and portability, have much better design, and are built to a higher standard than any consumer Dells.

vostros are way better than inspirons.
vostros are meant for businesses so they dont come with the unnecessary crap you dont need.
its junk free compared to the inspirons.
i can say this cos ive worked on both and as a matter of fact, im working on a vostro right now.
c2d 2.0ghz
2gb ram
160gb hdd
1490wirless lan
intg gfx
84whr battery(i think, its the better one)
total $850.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom