Is it Possible to PLay 360 games on a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
q6600
8800GTS 512MB G92 or 8800GT
2GB crucial ballistix
Abit Ip35-e or Gigabyte P35-DS3L
Corsair 520HX or Antec Neo 500 HE
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
120mm Scythe S-Flex fan (to be used with the Ultra 120 Extreme)
MX-2 Thermal paste
any ol dvd-burner
any ol' sata hard drive
any ol' case, I recommend the Antec 900
a good ol' copy of 32bit xp (not vista) for gaming pleasure

<$1500

The rig in my sig cost me $1300 with a gaming mouse, Logitech sound system and a Saitek Eclipse keyboard. I added $250 and got a 22" Samsung 226BW LCD monitor, which is god.

although, maybe i'd wait until 9800GX2 and 3970X2 and Intel's Q9450 and other yorkfields come out, although it's not entirely worth the wait IMO

could u play Crysis on Max settings with that?

I can play Crysis quite smoothly on a custom Very High setting. With the default settings available, the game doesn't play smoothly on any system, but with a modified autoexec.cfg file, the game instantly gets a performance boost and it looks better than Very High settings (the max default settings available). The best part is that you can even get this 'Ultra High' setting under XP, even though 'Very High' was supposed to be for Vista only.

If you know much about fps, most console games work at a constant 30 fps, which by pc standards is underwhelming a bit. Crysis, on my rig, with that config, running at 1680x1050, runs at about 30-35 fps outdoors, maxes out at 60 indoors, and 40-50 fps in less intense outdoor areas, on the odd occasion I drop to 25 when I'm looking out onto an immense, open landscape. In my opinion, it is very stable and smooth. Here's a screenie, I'll try and post some more. This game is BEAUTIFUL:

Crysis 2008-01-23 17-19-50-01.PNG (I posted it on there because places like Photobucket and Imageshack don't allow you to upload beyond a certain resolution size and file size.

The game got progressively more beautiful as I went along. The first level is somewhat underwhelming, but once I got to 3rd level, the atmosphere and visuals just seemed to become more surreal, like that screenie I took above.

Hmmm dang well then help me out, I dont really want to use all of it, Im thinking like 1500 of it, wats the best build I could get with 1500, my original plan was lower but I said screw it I want something good so 1500 not including the monitor which is gonna be a LCD samsung or Im thinking of hooking up my computer HDMI up to my 42 inch plasma if that works

I suggest what I suggested earlier (Q6600, single 8800GT or GTS, etc.), it's not $1500 but it's the best value, spend any more money and it will take a lot of money for only minor performance increases.

I perfer console gaming for most things. Because of big screen HDTVs and surround sound. But whatever floats your boat. I am not much of an FPSer. I mainly only play HL2 and halo 1 pc.

So pc games like crysis and stuff arent hd?
and they dont have as good sound as console games?

no, that is not true.

1900x1200 is def HD. That is actually MUCH higher than 1080P or 720P. He is just saying on big TVs I think.
And sound is just as good. You can get soundcards, and today, onboard is not bad sound at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom