Windows 7 M1 build shows up on various torrent sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
It was only a matter of time..

Not too long after Microsoft had released a developer build of the Windows 7 Milestone 1 release to a select few, review and opinion pieces started to leak onto Windows enthusiast sites by OEM employees or their beneficiaries. So it's hardly surprising that now -just a few days later, the full naked DVD image has started to show up on a few torrent sites.

Anonymous pirates vying to snatch credit for the first Windows 7 torrent have only served to frustrate, with many of the downloaders later verifying the various submissions as fake zero byte ISO images, and while we haven't been able to verify for ourselves if indeed a valid Win7 image has been leaked to the pirating community, it sure is stirring up a lot of interest in the past 24 hours!

>> Source: Neowin

AFAIK this is only 32 Bit right now. There is no 64 Bit build of Windows 7 out there.

From what i know of Windows 7 i can say this. Windows 7 at first was going to be exclusively 64 Bit. Not long ago (Read sometime last year) M4 announced that they were going to do a 32 bit and 64 bit flavor of Windows 7 as well.

As of right now who knows. This is just the first code build. We are almost 6 months to a year away from a Beta. Anything can change.

I think they released the test in 2nd week or so january? maybe 3rd..not sure. More valid test copies from the less restrictive beta period would come about I think with Vista sp 1, march or after a second update not necessarily another sp...mid year.

it should have been 64bits, but MS realized not everyone is on the boat yet. Dang hardware developers ;)

I think w7 uses an ascii bootscreen, but of course, like the vista betas, it could go through many iterations and completely dissappear and look more standard

just live search "eric traut" and windows seven...here's a start :D
Live Search: eric traut windows seven

Well lets see. The guy they quote works for the Server division. So how would he know what the plans are for the desktop versions? Windows 7 at first was quoted to be only 64 Bit. But later after the outcry from 32 Bit users they went back and said they will do a 32 Bit and 64 Bit version of Windows 7.

Other than that there is no official announcement from Microsoft that they will stop support for 32 Bit. Dont take the word of a person who works there. Microsoft will make a official announcement on their plans. They will not leave it up to someone working for them to put that info out there.

What was seen at the time was an article on Vienna. That's supposed to be more modular in design with Vista supposedly seeing an update as well for a hardware supported virtualization.

There's also some chatter going on about doing away with the Start menu to see a 3D form of interface of some type. One MVP prepared a questions and answers page with one of those being...

"Q: Will Windows 7 be available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions like Vista?
A: Though I had expected Windows 7 to ship only in 64-bit versions, Microsoft now says it will be the final Windows version to ship in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions." http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/windows_7.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom