Why Vista is such a failure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

backup287

Daemon Poster
well i just purchased Vista Ultimate to try because i was bored....i noticed lower fps during css xp had bout 150 fps and vista seemed to be getting 40 fps so i ran 3d mark.... heres the vista score on the top and the xp score on the bottom p.s. i have installed the latest nvidea vista configured drivers
3dMarkvista.jpg

3dmarkscorexp.jpg

I spent 3,400 canadian on this rig bout a year ago, my parents would freak if i tried getting a new rig, sorry cant afford a quad core and 4 gigs of ram and a series 8 card right now, maybe after i get a job

Sorry but this doesn't show anything. This only shows your system. As veedub said his system doesn't have the same scores that your shows. Plus you are right. 3DMark would be lower for Vista. This mainly tests your GFX capabilities. If you have a low GFX score with Vista in the System Properties then yeah your 3Dmark score will be lower.

I can say that my marks are not much higher. But then again my system doesn't scream so that the scores should be. Sadly i can say this. You bought Vista cause you were bored. Why not save that $$ and put it into your machine? Then you wouldn't have this issue now right?

Plus if you read any reviews you would have known that Vista is not a Gaming OS. I game on it but only for some really light and simple games.

Vista is great for gaming, IF your computer was built in the last year. a 7950x2 is almost 3 years old, which predates vista by almost 2 years, you cant expect it to score well in an OS that was optimized for top of the line gear.

Either way veedub is right. Your machine as well as mine are not fit to be a Vista gaming machine. your thread title is just a opinion. I personally love Vista. I got hte new SP build and cant wait to get it installed.

But i also multi-boot. I have XP for gaming and Ubuntu for many other things that i see fit. but Vista is my Main OS. I am in that almost 90% of the time. It works just fine for me.

Yea well most people arent planning on spending that much cash on a computer to run an os when they can get an os that does the same things with less driver incompatibility issues for cheaper

How do you know what a hard core gamer is gonna do? You dont know for sure what anyone will do. Each person makes their own mind up.

Plus in less than 6 months there wont be a choice. XP will be off the market then and Vista will be the only choice. So either get used to it now or get used to it later.

It costs under 1000 bucks to build a machine that can handle vista right now. Building a machine and "buying" a machine is a far different price. If i were to have "bought" my computer it would have cost me probably 3500 bucks or more. I built it for around 1800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom