Failing windows updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i did a repairwith the windows cd.

with supergrub what it did was over write the bootloader like cover it up soit just boots ot windows. thats what i was told and concluded from reading up on it. but i think if i run MSconfig it should fix this whole problem right? supergrub was supposed to do something like that i guess.

I would suggest using the Windows XP CD. Boot up with it and go into the Recovery Console. Use the fixboto adn fixmbr commands there. That will be better than going thru the msconfig. ;)

Yeah. Give msconfig under the boot.ini tab. Have it check the boot paths.

Well honestly at this point i don't know. I mean you did a repair install which erased your windows files and replaced them. Next you checked the boot paths. Which are correct. So i don't know what is left.

If you have Spybot and teatimer make sure those are off. As well as PeerGuardian. That is the last thing i can think of other than a format and re-install.

well i dont think it matters much right now because windows is running fine for me and i dont really see any importance to them if their going to screw up like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom