How do I wipe my HD's clean and reinstall XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike I don't have anything personal against you. but you do have a habit of treating people around here like they don't know anything. you also have a habit of making people feel real small. a lot of people around here know that you are smart computer buff as your record speaks for itself. but then, when you question people here about silly stuff, it then make them feel real stupid or belittled

not me of course. I don't go around seeking another man's approval. I don't need another man for courage. I seek out god's approval. but a lot of people in this world don't act like me or have this attitude. I am defensive too (I admit that), but you have been needed to have this told to you. I almost told you this a couple of times before, but I was not in those conflicts, so I just kept my mouth shut, because I do get in my fair share of conflicts here.

also I was talking about the part you said about bad sectors and quick format.

BTW, a regular format doesn't check the disk for bad sectors.

Because a quick format doesn't delete anything, it only removes the MFT. In my opinion, it should never be used unless you are cloning on a drive. A quick format doesn't format anything.

Look, EricB... read the thread. I only mentioned your recommendation because it was a little too much. I could've "quoted" your post and then said "OMG!!!!! Why the heck are you telling him to do this?!?!?" But, I didn't ... it wasn't really what I was after. I only put the recommendation in brackets.... look at the post for yourself. I'm not trying to belittle anyone. If you translate that form with my own posts.... then you may need to take that up with me, or make a thread titled "Why I don't like Mikegroovin" ... whatever. But please don't incorporate your own thoughts about me within a thread where I meant no harm :) We need to hug I think :)

this is funny. you must have been typing this the same time as I was typing. I already answered this. I don't dislike you. we've never fought or argued. I actually respect you. you just need to respect us

Honestly, I know that this is their utility and their KB article... but it's a little misleading. A quick format doesn't remove files. It only removes a file association table from the drive, nothing more. Same with a floppy quick format. They have in their aticle that it checks for bad sectors... ok, fine, on plain paper it looks like that I made a mistake. Honestly though, the format utility might "check" for bad sectors but it doesn't do anything with them. I really don't even think that it does check for them... but I need to dive deeper into the technical aspects of the utility which may take a little time. BTW, makaveli, I'm not fighting :) far from it. EricB doesn't like me for some reason and is bringing up older feelings.... don't know why. I'm not posting in this thread to proove anyone wrong....just help. I'm just illustrating that all the original poster wanted to do was reinstall windows on a reformatted drive.

As for my posting..... lol.... right. I just type as I see things. Sorry if I don't "edit" my posts from now on. If you want to follow me around on tech forums and merge my posts fine :) But, I'm not doing it on purpose :) hehe

you just need to respect us

Look, people have their bad days/months/years. I don't disrespect anyone here. You will notice a vast improvement in my posts (like old times :) ) from this point forward. I've had a sort of "life changing moment" happen recently so hopefully your opinion of me will change. I certainly don't think that you thought this way of me waaaaay back then did you?

Look, people have their bad days/months/years. I don't disrespect anyone here. You will notice a vast improvement in my posts (like old times :) ) from this point forward. I've had a sort of "life changing moment" happen recently so hopefully your opinion of me will change. I certainly don't think that you thought this way of me waaaaay back then did you?

nah. I just seen a couple of posts here and there. it's cool though

Fair enough

So, ummmmm soarwitheagles, hope all this info helps :) Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom