Ordered New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the TV. What resolution are you trying to go for?

The new TV will be an LCD with a max resolution of 1920x1080/1080p. Most likely it will be a Samsung 40" or 46". I will have the choice of hooking the HTPC to the TV with either HDMI or D-sub.

If price is not too much of a matter, I have a friend with a 1080p 46" Samsung, and it is, with out doubt, the pertiest screen I've ever saw. I'll ask her what model it is and what not, then try to get back with it.

It's Alive !!!!!!!!! Will post more once I get home from work tomorrow. No DOA parts either! Got a G0 by the way on the new Q6600 from NewEgg.

Update: Up and running @ 3.3GHz at 1.33v, Memory @ 4,4,4,12 stock voltage. Core temps max when folding at 55c. Using a BTF90 CPU cooler that barely fits in the case. Windows performance score 4.0. Processor 5.9, Mem 5.9, Graphics 4.1, Gaming Graphics 4.0, HDD 5.9. Not to bad for on board graphics. I will have to run 3DMark soon for a better feel for it. Remote works great, still need to install the Win-TV 1800. 22" Acer monitor looks fine, no dead pixels. Not quite like my 24" Dell Ultra Sharp, but great for the price. VID on Q6600 is 1.3125, but was not looking for 3.6 with this pc any way. Will post pics in a bit.

interested in the onboard graphics, let us know how it goes
Finally got 3DMark06 installed. Score of 672.:eek: Not real good for gaming. I averaged 1-2 FPS. Guess I will need a video card some day if I decide to play games on this pc. On board video works fine for everything but gaming. RivaTuner will not work either.:( Been playing movies from the HDD with no problems at all. Other than not good for gaming cuz of the on board graphics, everything else is running great OC'd @ 3.3GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom