Help me out Guys! New Gaming Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are only gonna do gaming, I highly suggest you get an e8400. not expensive. No one else suggests that? e8400 FTW!

OF COURSE I'll be gaming! Crysis, Burnout Paradise, CounterStrike 1.6 and Source, GTA Vice City, San Andreas, IV, NFS ProStreet and Most Wanted, Flatout 2 and Test Drive Unlimited are most of the games that I will have, that is not including Movies, TV Episodes, Many Pictures, Etc. So I need a Quad core I think so I can do multi-tasking because I do that a lot.

Whats the difference between EVGA 8800GT 600Mhz for $239 and XFX 8800GT 600Mhz for $249??

Also, instead of getting 2 2X1GB A Data or G.Skill Ram, should I get 1 2X1GB Crucial Ballistix for now and upgrade later?

I upgraded to the 32MB Cache Seagate 500GB Sata II HardDrive.

Also, If i'm not OC'ing now, AS5 would be good enough with stock fan? And later down the road, I can always OC and get the Tuniq Tower.

P35 DS3L or DS3R or X38??

someone correct me if I am wrong, but you wont* utilize the 4 cores. You only will do that when you are really multitasking. So an e8400 will serve you better if I am right. and you would save money. If you really want a quad, wait a few months and get the new 45nm ones.

If I "Utilize" the 4 cores or not, I would still rather invest in the quad core as it is only $55 more. Most new games are actually taking advantages of multiple cores so it would last me longer.

yeha really, and how about....

new quad cores on coming really soon. Soa q6600 would not be investing, you would be wasting. I mean, if you are set on a quad wait a few weeks and get a new one. Much better OCers.

I'm not sure, I just have been an intel guy. What would I get in AMD that would match the Q6600 prices?

How is $270 Q6600 wasting money when the new one will be way more expensive and its the same price as a core 2 duo, of course the q6600 will be faster than the core 2 duo. Is it just for the 45nm technology? And if I do end up putting the same money in the core duo with 45nm tech, won't the q6600 quad be faster for the money?

How much will the new 45nm technology quad cores be? And when will they come out?

the q9450 will be in the low $300 dollar range, if you wanna wait its up to you.
there is a thread somewhere over heere with the prices of the new 45nm chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom