gaming only for the rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, there is no way it is for the rich. I can only say what everyone else has already said. Prices are dropping, and performance is just getting better and better. Look at the release of the e8440. OC to 4.2+ ghz, for 180! once the price drops anyway (the egg just went down 5 bucks to 220)
My e6600 is still 230, and it is only 65nm at 2.4ghz.

better performance, lower price. see?

Anyone who works a decent job can afford a good gaming PC.

Its mostly Highschool kids with no job that can't afford anything.

$2000 isn't alot of money.

thats me and i still got alot a good pc, if you think about it right now high end hardware is really cheap, i dont think i have ever seen high end parts so cheap, i remember when i built my first rig with the 4000+ it costed me like 1800$ to make at the time, and i only bought mid range stuff, this tiem i went all high end and i spent 1200 so far with out video card.

what do you mean the price of gaming computers is going up 500-1000 dollars each year? i dont think so lol.

by your logic in 10 years a gaming computer will be 11500 bucks
(1k per year + the 1500 for today's). no sir, no way.

when a brand new technology comes out, then the company that spend all that money developing that technology has to pass some of that cost onto the consumer, but after a little while, and with competition, or with new technology being released, the price goes back down, and the cycle repeats.

if you think about computers just a few years ago, you paid the same price for something that was probably 1/4 of the power of today's computers. the price isnt going up, in many ways its going down.

I paid $1400 for my PC a little over 2 years ago. This upcoming February build will end up costing ~$1000 for me and it will be loads better than my current rig. It just depends if you want extra on the little things like cases, third part HSF, RAID, etc.

my computer is about $1400. I didnt even get a new graphics card yet because im getting the HD 3870 x2 when i have the money again.

the only reason i spent so much was because i desperately needed a new computer......badly. I spent like around $850 n my parents $600.

People need to stop using crysis as an example. The game is NOT as revolutionary as it claims. I have probably THE highest end rig on the forum and can only run it at HIGH settings with a decent framerate. I just cant get into the game, there are so many better games out there that dont need a 2000 dollar computer to run.

i agree. BF2, half life 2, Portal, FEAR. all these games i run on high settings and my PC only costed 900 bucks at time of purchase.

and you dont need but about an 800 dollar rig to run it. heck thats why i built mine but its costed me more because i've had to replace parts. but thats i get for buying an ECS mobo.

I liked crysis. I agree the game is ahead of its time graphics wise.

But I did have more fun playing Far Cry than Crysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom