First Time Building: Check Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a MUCH better build. million times better.

The e8400 will do 3.6ghz no problem..more like 4+ghz.

setupdk2.png

In response to Vernong:
That doesn't really make much sense to me lol :S -- Would be like company A making a chocolate bar but letting Company B, C, D, E, F, G and H all sell the same chocolate bar in a different wrapper... it doesn't make much sense to me lol :S ANYWAY -- Thanks AGAIN!!!

Well basically they are all very good components and will perform very well at stock...also should you choose to overclock they are very high quality so will overclock extremely well.

Thanks for the thought you put in gurusan!

HOWEVER:

- I'm just wondering wouldn't it be better to go Quad Core over Dual Core?
- Also, I don't know about RAM but isn't 800mhz better than 667mhz :S? Could anyone explain to me what this means on the RAM please. AND Why I should spend an extra 50% on this RAM over the corsair RAM I saw please!?

Thanks for all the help everyone ^_^!!!

well, the new wolfdale 8400 that he put in that build would be better for gaming for a few reasons.

first off, No games out there at this moment work using 4 cores, however multiple games are optimized to use two cores. therefore your q6600 can only utilize 2 of its cores at 2.4ghz for a game, whereas the 8400 can utilize both of its cores at 3.0ghz. notice that 3.0 is higher than 2.4 :)

both cpu's will overclock very well, but with the newer 45nm technology in the wolfdale e8400, you'll reach higher speeds much easier.

i think you would be better off with gurusan's build.

as far as the different brands of the video cards go... they are all the same components except for a few minor things that dont make much difference hardware wise. The real difference lies in the customer service, and the special benefits you get. forinstance evga has a step up program. this allows users to upgrade their video cards within 90 days of purchase to a newer card, all they have to do is pay the difference and send em their card and they will get the newer card... this is great for people that are unsure of what they want, or people that devote their lives to having the newest baddest cards on the market... now ive heard some criticism from people on the speed of their upgrades, but i myself have never done it so i cant offer any first hand knowledge. i guess before i start typing a ton and make this really long winded... they are all pretty much the same, dont worry. they all have their own personal versions of factory overclocked settings that will cost you 10-40 bucks more, but its not really a huge difference, i dont think you'll be able to notice it without benchmarks, and you can always overclock it yourself.

as for the ram, im not sure why gurusan picked that instead of a 2gb kit of ddr2 800. and yes accendo, 800 is faster than 667... he may plan on you overclocking it... im not sure, but im weary of going against it, b/c he knows what he is talking about... wait for his reply.

Mark your brilliant lol ^_^ -- Like a school teacher sitting me down in a corner and talking slowly to make sure I get it ((not sarcasm! lol)).

-Thanks for telling me about the vid card differences.
-As for the Processor's thanks on that end -- now I'm wondering what would the all the Quad's Core's be used for currently? I might seem small minded on this but I know gaming has had "some" impact on the PC component world, so if Quad aren't used on them what then.
-Thanks for explaining the whole 2.4 / 3.0 thing too ((I think I vaguely remember that from reading someone else's posts about Quad core so thanks for clearing that up))

And I get that 667 is slower than 800 but I don't know how that works, just wondering could someone explain (or link me a site) that tells me how the difference in MHz works please? It's harder to find on google than I thought!

if you do CAD or stuff like Video Encoding or Movie editing and whatnot, it takes good advantage of Quad-Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom