AMDs potential...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I think AMD is out of the race, for now. The Phenom bug put them back just the like 2900xt did. It was a "bug". It's going to take them a while to come back, and also, they should fix their high power draw problem. If they did with the Phenom, good. But seriously, I don't want a 100+W dual core CPU!

^^lol^^ psp...dude i get 3.3+ghz on 1.375V...*ahem* that aint too high. the "bug" is so overblown its not even funny, but they (AMD) did it to themselves. they should have just shut up and never said anything lol and no one would ever have known.
yeah, but the 65NM Phenom's couldn't beat the 65NM C2Q's, so what's to say a 45NM Phenom will beat a 45NM C2Q?
whos talking about "beating" this and that?
im saying (and pay close attention because i am going to say EXACTLY...what i mean)that if AMD shrinks their die and comes out with a 45nm cpu, it will perform better ie consume less power and likely overclock better than their current 65nm chip. nobody said anything about intel vs AMD i wish you guys would grow up. but i also wish that i could own the yacht that i saw in yelapa mexico on my last trip there, and that aint gonna happen, so ...sigh. wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first.

The only thing I am sayin about someone beating someone else, is I want the other company to have a reason to work. We need the competition, but yeah nagasama, you are absolutely right.

^^lol^^ psp...dude i get 3.3+ghz on 1.375V...*ahem* that aint too high. the "bug" is so overblown its not even funny, but they (AMD) did it to themselves. they should have just shut up and never said anything lol and no one would ever have known.

whos talking about "beating" this and that?
im saying (and pay close attention because i am going to say EXACTLY...what i mean)that if AMD shrinks their die and comes out with a 45nm cpu, it will perform better ie consume less power and likely overclock better than their current 65nm chip. nobody said anything about intel vs AMD i wish you guys would grow up.

um...right. lol wish I would grow up, that's a pretty insulting statement considering I never insulted you. I feel a little threatened.

Anywho I do agree they should die shrink the Phenom, as it will help in the short run, but in the long run they need a new core.

Who said anything about intel vs. AMD? AMD's budget for one. If they don't start "beating" soon they're going to be bought out, they're on a slippery slope and need something really good.

the statement wasnt directed at you to literally "grow up"...dont be so sensitive.
your wrong about AMD having to "beat" intel, my friend. they dont need a tremendous share of the desktop to stay in business. their servers and business solutions are comprable if not better in many cases than intel. they acquired ATi which is in a position to put some real heat on nvidia in the graphics department. by saying "grow up" what i am figuratively saying is that AMD's future is not based in being able to build a faster gaming rig than intel. if you (again, not literally YOU) think that it is, that is childish and shows a lack of understanding of both AMD's place in the market as well as business practice. that and every thread on the forums as of late that even mentions AMD, someone has to come in and say, "hurrumph, that AMD doesnt "beat" the intel so and so and blah blah blah". no ****, thats pretty common knowledge around here. its like little kids fighting over who's daddy is the strongest, and it gets boring. and in any event, even if they were bought out by say, samsung or some other giant corporation....what do you think that would do for their r&d department? probably be a good thing.

the statement wasnt directed at you to literally "grow up"...dont be so sensitive.
your wrong about AMD having to "beat" intel, my friend. they dont need a tremendous share of the desktop to stay in business. their servers and business solutions are comprable if not better in many cases than intel. they acquired ATi which is in a position to put some real heat on nvidia in the graphics department. by saying "grow up" what i am figuratively saying is that AMD's future is not based in being able to build a faster gaming rig than intel. if you (again, not literally YOU) think that it is, that is childish and shows a lack of understanding of both AMD's place in the market as well as business practice. that and every thread on the forums as of late that even mentions AMD, someone has to come in and say, "hurrumph, that AMD doesnt "beat" the intel so and so and blah blah blah". no ****, thats pretty common knowledge around here. its like little kids fighting over who's daddy is the strongest, and it gets boring. and in any event, even if they were bought out by say, samsung or some other giant corporation....what do you think that would do for their r&d department? probably be a good thing.

I wasn't aware their servers were faster than Intels, although now I know.

Anywho, I don't really feel like arguing. I like AMD, I really do, so I'm not an Intel fanboy, in fact I dislike Intel. However my original statement wasn't an attack on AMD yet more so that I express concern over their future.

And I pray every day that Samsung doesn't acquire AMD, if there is one company I don't buy from, it's Samsung.

Personally there really are not any companies I dont like. If amd was building better faster chips than intel in my price range, I would go with them. Just like if I liked something that samsung put out, I would get it. I hold no grudges. The whole thing is just stupid. I like everyone to win at some point, it is good for consumers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom