Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont believe this. How is it disappointing? It's better then the GTX at some cases, even matching the Ultra. How is this not disappointing?

u have to remember, the RV670s were suppose to go against the GTS, not the GTX n yet 2 RV670s in Crossfire end up doing better then a GTX, what does that tell u?

EDIT:

u guys r seeing it as the ultra high-end graphics card from ATI when it was suppose to go against the GTS, not GTX or Ultra.

remember the X2900 XTX? That was suppose to go against the GTX, but for some stupid reason AMD didnt improve it n bring it to the market but instead scrapped it.

i dont believe this. How is it disappointing? It's better then the GTX at some cases, even matching the Ultra. How is this not disappointing?

u have to remember, the RV670s were suppose to go against the GTS, not the GTX n yet 2 RV670s in Crossfire end up doing better then a GTX, what does that tell u?

EDIT:

u guys r seeing it as the ultra high-end graphics card from ATI when it was suppose to go against the GTS, not GTX or Ultra.

remember the X2900 XTX? That was suppose to go against the GTX, but for some stupid reason AMD didnt improve it n bring it to the market but instead scrapped it.

ok, if the cards they are putting out now are SUPPOSED to go up against gts, then what are they putting out to go against the ultra, or the 9800 GX2 or GTX when they come out?
It is a good card, but I dont think they have any chance of doing any damage to the GX2 or GTX (9800)

I see some people here claiming that HD3870 X2 is supposed to go against GTS !! LOL, i dont believe this !!

The price point that AMD set for HD3870 X2 is between $450 to $500 according to VR-ZONE and selling prices set by retailers is $510-$550

BFG 8800GTS 512MB can found on newegg for $279 after MIR, and it performs better than HD3870 X2 in some cases

So, are people here saying that a video card that cost above $500 is supposed to go against video card that cost under $300 ? LOL, please don't make me laugh !

we will see how it pans out. I do think the 3870x2 will increase it's performance as with all of the Rv6xx series cards but i still think ATI will be lacking...

The price point that AMD set for HD3870 X2 is between $450 to $500 according to VR-ZONE and selling prices set by retailers is $510-$550
That's price gouging. It happens all the time with new releases.
BFG 8800GTS 512MB can found on newegg for $279 after MIR, and it performs better than HD3870 X2 in some cases
yeah, that's because some games don't utilise multiple GPU's properly, as is the case with crossfire, and SLI setups, as well as Nvidia GX2 cards.

But, better drivers usually give better performance increases for multi-GPU systems than with single GPU systems.

I would also expect 9800 GX2 to see low performance in some games on release, and then newer drivers will come out to help fix some of those issues.
So, are people here saying that a video card that cost above $500 is supposed to go against video card that cost under $300 ? LOL, please don't make me laugh !
You're right, I don't think it was meant to compete with the GTS.

haha mines down there with the 9000 & the Geforce3. Lol, wow i didnt realise it was that bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom