CaseMod Sneak Peak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right after the + source is fine.

Since this is a SINGLE LOOP circuit, there is only ONE loop current, I, in the whole circuit. That is going to be dependent on your Vss, supply voltage, your resistor, and voltage drops of the LEDs.

great stuff man, you a leo?
and sure etching might get easy after practising, but its the artistic mind ppl have that makes it look good.
hope everything turns out the way you want it to.

Not a Leo. My name comes from FFVII and the main character's Guardian Force named Griever. I've always liked the story and mysterious nature of Griever and have been using the handle of Grievear for years. The design is something a friend drew up for me that was originally going to be made into a tattoo. Still deciding on if I want to get it done or not, but until then it makes a bad-*** pattern to etch on my computer. ;p

I have 20 LEDs that are rated at 3,000-4,000 mcd and I'm going to use all of them. If it's still not bright enough, I might need to actually harness the power of the sun to light it up. I'll post pics later today after I'm done with class and have the time to solder everything.

Well, that was a LOT of solder joints. Took me most of the evening and then after I glued them all to the side panel, there was a short. I had to remove each one and re-tape and glue it. It was a royal pain in the arse. Here are some pictures taken by my lovely girlfriend of me soldering.
img0071ik8.jpg

I think she was just trying to get a crotch shot on this one...
img0072qu4.jpg

Unfortunately my camera died before I could take a picture of the final product. It came out amazing. The etching lights up perfectly. I don't think pictures could even do it justice. I'll try and post some night pictures tomorrow.

Wow... really. That turned out so much better than i could have imagined. I love how the window also is outlined with the LEDs as well. Looks absolutely fantastic!

That looks absolutely amazing! man, that is some great work. I love the effect it has. I wish I had that sort of talent, so I could make my 900 look that good. I want one!

I am actually planning on doing this same thing when I get my ArmorPlus Case, I am going to have a dragon, plus my name. It's going to be a challenge but cool when finished. Any tips on soldering, like what wires to use? What is the power supply for those LEDs, battery, molex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom