Hang on! New Drivers to Improve 3870X2 Performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know what you mean... I was supposed to sell my GTX to nosboost and buy a 3870 x2 but he got his 2nd one from someone else apparently and then shortly afterward mine got fried when a shortage in my pc occurred. He's lucky mine got ruined because if it was still working I'd be pretty ****ed.

Yeah I know what you mean... I was supposed to sell my GTX to nosboost and buy a 3870 x2 but he got his 2nd one from someone else apparently and then shortly afterward mine got fried when a shortage in my pc occurred. He's lucky mine got ruined because if it was still working I'd be pretty ****ed.

man, that sucks...i thought the psu protects that kinda of stuff..i guess not.

so what are you going to do about your gtx now?

EDIT- nvm, just saw your sig.

man, that sucks...i thought the psu protects that kinda of stuff..i guess not.

Well it was a shortage inside the pc apparently lol. One of the wires on my HD audio cable came loose and must have made contact with the mobo or something. It's the only thing wrong with the pc that I could find after everything stopped working.

I just sent out the GTX for RMA this morning and my new q6600 is already on its way back to me... hopefully it won't be too long before I've got my rig back together again.

Yeah I don't care if I use ATI or Nvidia. The cheaper company with the best graphics gets me. Though I may go with ATI next build as I would prefer my 3 monitors to work in crossfire.

It's still funny how you pretty much need two of ATI's highest end cards to compete with nvidia's top of the line offering.

Although I'm happy this puts more competition in the high end, AMD really does need to put out something better.

yeah, if it does beat the ultra, that is not all* that great. I mean, the ultra is using the old core right? the 8800GTS 512 has the new g92, so when nvidia puts out the high end cards with the g92 in em, I think ATI is in just as much trouble. If this is their best offering for the next few months, when the 9800 GTX comes out, ati is in really big trouble. Which I am about to go look up some expected release dates for the GTX.

I think I read it was the 28th. They are already on shelves in the East, and have been for a few days.

i dont think i will be able to get it then. I have debt i want to pay off. I'll get it later.

I've heard 460.00

$400-$500 ive read.

yeah, if it does beat the ultra, that is not all* that great. I mean, the ultra is using the old core right? the 8800GTS 512 has the new g92, so when nvidia puts out the high end cards with the g92 in em, I think ATI is in just as much trouble. If this is their best offering for the next few months, when the 9800 GTX comes out, ati is in really big trouble. Which I am about to go look up some expected release dates for the GTX.

idk, they have the R700 coming out Q3 2008. The R680 is good enough for me. I would rather have 1 R680, n then another cheaper when R700 comes out.

a few framerates lower then the other high-end cards isnt gonna be much of a difference as long as it stays around 60 fps.

well yeah, but that is only taking into account the ATI end of the game. I really hope nvidia releases the details on the 9800GTX soon. And, what about the GX2? I just dont see anything competing with these right now. especially if nvidia can put them out soon, then nvidia will have until Q3, and probably later, to keep the market(high end) mostly to them selves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom