Nvidia VS ATI

Do you understand, or are you concerned about Global Warming?

• (10-35 yrs) Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (10-35 yrs) No

• (35+ yrs) Yes

• (35+ yrs) No

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
also in addition... the nvidia card works BETTER with generating shadows, but the ati card works better when all full-scene antialiasing and anisotropic filtering are enabled... But nvidia wins with out the full-scene antialiasing and anisotropic filtering are enabled. MY FINAL CONCLUSION STATEMENT>>> ati is a faster card at higher speeds but nvidia works better with heavy shadowing... both have realativly the same looking graphics but ati can process the textures faster... hmmm I might be going with ATI X800 XT after all... at highest resolution and with all options on the ati card is faster than the nvidia... And for internet gaming, and the games I play... Speed is the idea. For the main games I play.. i.e. FarCry and Command and Conquer Generals the benchmarks for ATI X800 xt won... seems like a pretty simple decision for me now.... even the ati x800 pro went head to head with the nvidia 6800 ultra... thats got to say something there.

That last link by ravin proved to me that this whole thread is a no brainer. The only difference in the cards is the shadows and frame rates while playing Far Cry. nVidia's card seemed to have better graphics but it was hardly noticable while ATI's card had better shadows and a slightly faster frame rate. I would have to say go with ATI simply because it does give better frame rates and better shadows. nVidia has a good card but the shadow thing did it for me, chunky shadows for such an expensive card are hardly worth the price. I think I may buy an ATI X800 and overclock the crap out of it. That will be fun. Anyways, hope you've made your decision.

I can remember someone posting about ATI drivers being... Well... Crap... But what is it that actualy makes Nvidia drivers better?

nVidia Forceware are newer drivers compared to the old nVidia Detonator.

ATI Catalyst have been around for a pretty long time now.

Originally posted by Yon
Wouldn't it be better to get an x800pro, and OC it by 45MHz to an x800xt?

No , because the X800 Pro can never reach the XT's speeds because the Pro has 12 pipelines and the XT has 16 .On the other hand Nvidia's equivilent of the X800 Pro , the 6800 GT, has 16 pipelines just like the X800 XT and 6800 Ultra . All the 6800 GT is is an underclocked 6800 Ultra which can easily reach Ultra speeds when OCed . The GT is the best bang for your buck and in many of the latest games it performs on par with the X800 XT without even OCing it .:D

i disagree... i have done a lot of research on the top and compaired many screenshots, benchmarks, and even movies... they both perform exceedingly well, but ati x800 xt is a much better card. It processes data much faster than the nvidia, perhaps if you overclock it.. but the fact is you HAVE TO OVERCLOCK a nvidia to match a x800. end of story, thank you have a nice day... :D

ravin said:
i disagree... i have done a lot of research on the top and compaired many screenshots, benchmarks, and even movies... they both perform exceedingly well, but ati x800 xt is a much better card. It processes data much faster than the nvidia, perhaps if you overclock it.. but the fact is you HAVE TO OVERCLOCK a nvidia to match a x800. end of story, thank you have a nice day... :D

Show "us" the review and maybe a flame war doesn't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom