Huge problem...Keeps me from gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ram don't stop heat. I'd take the laptop back before your warranty expires or you will one day have a dead laptop

No, but he said he doesn't have that problem in Vista; it's only with XP. That makes me think it may not be an overheating problem. Every laptop I have ever had felt hot on my lap after a while, but that didn't mean it was overheating.

The only problem he has in Vista is that the games run slower until he turns Aero off. RAM will help him be able to play games better with Aero left on. I only mentioned that because he said he likes a certain Aero option.

Yes but at the same time ther was never any mention of the time payed in Vista. As he said it was "lag-alicious". Which would lead me to say that he played the game longer in XP which would cause the overheating and this problem.

Until we can get a time frame up of how long he played the game before it crashed we will never know for sure.

Any online retailer carries them. I bought mine at Wal-Mart. They are very common to find now a days.

Tiger Direct
NewEgg
eBay

Best places to find them in the States. Not sure where you are from but you should be able to find them anyplace online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom