OMG, Ive got a new toy :) 8800GT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, we change our cards so often it doesnt really even matter, something better is gonna come out thats gonna make our 8800s look like 7600gt's lol.

agreed except for me, i just wait till my computer is the equivalent to a p4/680 ultra(agp) system now and then upgrade

Right, ive got it up and running... and WOW!!! This thing absolutely smokes my old 1950... Before, I was lagging on stalker on max settings, now im getting tearing w00t

I also took some pics as promised (though not as many as i would have liked, the cameras memory was nearly full)

The box:

1000350rf3.jpg

The side of the box: (i took this because I really liked the black and white scheme and thought it was well designed)

1000351vk3.jpg

The card itself: (can someone please confirm if this is the new, bigger fan, or the smaller one which shipped with the first batches of cards? thanks!)

1000356qg6.jpg

The card chillin out inside my system :): (this is a slightly higher res, because I liked the picture :))

1000357hh2.jpg

^ I never realised that this was such a good looking card, until it was inside my system.

GPU-Z shot:

46176170rd9.png

Now, for some benchmarks of my 8800GT @ stock, vs my old 1950pro @ 620/740: for reference, the PRO was using cat 7.10, and the GT was using forceware 169.21)

furrenderingro0.png

furrenderingro0.png

3dm06at3.png

As we can see, the GT kicks the **** out of the PRO, and I think it would improve even further if i were to push the clocks (but at the monent im not even touching them, the card destroys all of my games as it is)

^ Some of those results may be a bit dodgy, I tried my best to make sure that the filters were equal throughout all the tests, but no doubt some mistakes were made...

About the fan noise, i dont find it to be loud at all. If it is set at 60%, then it is a really good compromise between cooling performance and noise.

oh my god why did you have to use imageshack? its soooooooooo slow! I just been on another site and had about 30pics load up in about 20seconds, your few still havent completly loaded and ive been waiting about 1minute before typing this *checks agian* nope still not fully loaded and ive given up!

Use photobucket.

The last shot loaded though, looks like a nice card

ok they all loaded when i went off the site and came back, i still hate imageshack though!

Nice card, enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom