memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkolk

In Runtime
I have vs512mb400 corsair ram DDR 400(PC 3200), its Valueselect. Will i be able to overclock this? I heard that value select is bad for overclocking. Also, do you need to monitor temperature of memory when overclocking it? if you do, how?

Although Value Selects weren't made to overclock, they might be able to overclock some, if you're lucky.

You don't need to monitor the temperature of RAM, because even if it's overclocked, they don't get hot enough to be of concern. Just as long as you have adequate airflow throughout the case, they will be fine.

So i started my overclock, set the FSB +5, for 205, which also raised the memory from 200 to 205. In 2 out of 3 runs thru 3dmark05, the computer froze on the last test (cpu test 2). Would this be from the ram?

I had Value Select before, and the thing wouldn't overclock, if it's life depended on it.

Besides, I doubt you'll see the difference if your RAM was faster by 100-200MHz. I barely a see a difference between, and I have overclocking RAM.

I've never noticed a difference between OC'd and non-OC'd RAM. I had the Corsair XMS in my old build (still do), and it overclocked to whatever I put it at. I now have the RAM in my sig which is a low-end cheap RAM, and it won't overclock even 1mhz over its stock 800mhz.

I've never noticed a difference between OC'd and non-OC'd RAM. I had the Corsair XMS in my old build (still do), and it overclocked to whatever I put it at. I now have the RAM in my sig which is a low-end cheap RAM, and it won't overclock even 1mhz over its stock 800mhz.

Ampx isnt low end ram. In fact the chips are micron, and they can hit 1000mhz at 4-4-4-12 on the crosshair, and a good 900-950 on other boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom