Failing windows updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfDoom

Daemon Poster
Okay well i've partitioned my drive and i deleted it and i had to restore windows and now its giving me an error of some updates failed to be installed what is going on?

It could be because of the restore. There are several thigns that it could be given the situation. You created a partition, then delted it and then had to restore. All this could have wasily affected teh stability of your Windows.

Well yeah. You would have to fin dthe list of updates that haev been done. Them manually search thru the KB articles to find the ones that are reproted to be done.

I think Eric's topic about how to keep windows fast and stable has another way to do this. Might want to check there.

I went to the microsoft website to download the updates and it gave me the whole list an you could click on them and they'd tell you about what the file does and how big it wsas and i went thru and clicked them all and they all said 0KB as a file size...... would this be the issue wiht failed updates?

Alright let me get some info so i can try to diagnose this. Is this Vista or XP? Have you isntalled any hardware recently? Have you isntalled any software recently? Is there anything else other than the partition creation/removal and restore that you can tell me that might help me with trying to figure this out?

Have you turned on Windows firewall and disabled yoru 3rd party firewall and anti-virus for the time that you try to update? I know this sounds extreme but in some cases, Vista SP1, that is the only way it will install on some machines.

So give me as much info, if any, and we will try to get this working. :)

Alright, i have recently upgraded my CPU and i have tried turning the firewall and 3rd party firewall and tried it and still it continues to do this. my computer is running Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I deleted the partition that had Ubuntu Gutsy and i have used SuperGrub to remove the grub bootloader. and after i did this i had to reinstall windows but i didnt loose any of my files.

If there is anymore information you need just let me know and i will post it here :) thanks for helping this is like the 40billionth time you've helped me

So you reinstalled Windows but you didnt format the drive. Did you do a repair install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom