Computer Not Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
My PC has been acting up ever since I tried to install an old sound card so I could use and even older joystick on Airmaps, anyway its doing things such as folders on the desktop don't open when they are clicked on, everything is slow even though ive defragmented, I did a system restore but i restored it to when I had a virus but thats cleared up now thanks to Osiris, any suggestions?

I have defragmented all drives and I'm running XP Home SP2

Do you have on board sound? If so you need to disable it. Also did windows install the drivers for this sound card successsfully? What are your system specs?

thanks for the reply, I do have on board sound and windows did not install the sound card sucesfully, specs are in sig..

i recently tried to test out an old preXP soundcard on my Vista....hardware was "seen" but no drivers were new enough to run it...so it made my system highly erratic.

if you can do a remnant drivers purge, that might fix your problem.

You can try to get drivers from drivers guide.com. Although there a pain now days with their ads.
Yeah I see the sig now must have been asleep. And did you disable the on board sound?
You might be best to do a system restore and rool back the computer to right before you tried to install the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom