OCZ Memory cooler from Helllllllllllllllo there moderators..

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
Im Mad as **** right now.

I just got one of those OCZ memory coolers. Something I've wanted to pick up for a fairly long time.

I get it installed, notice that its a little close to my gfx card. I look, and as far as i can see it look as if there is space, albeit a small amount between the two.

I figure w/e its designed like that and there wasn't antything in the instructions telling me what to do otherwise.

So I boot up my system and hear a small pop. Not like pringles pop, more like electrical short pop.

I yank the plug asap, and pull the ****ed memory cooler off. Didn't see any immediate damage so I try turning it back on. No video, motherboard posts.

Talked to xfx and I'm going to be mailing my 3 week old 8800gt back to them which means I'm going to be without a working computer, while in college for about a week and half GrRRRRRRR!!!

Anywho, Im angry because they dont offer any kind of expedited rma service so I'm pretty much boned into waiting for the standard turnaround.

I'm also mad because OCZ should have known this could happen and did nothing to address it. Ill be giving them a call on monday expressing my anger...

/Rant end

Dang.... that is no good, this is why you can never depend on your gaming rig in college. :p It is like having a high strung race car to depend on getting you to work every day.

I just want to strangle the ocz engineer who thought it would be a great idea having a hunk of non coated aluminum surrounded by unprotected electrical connections...

Im sorry that I cant afford a laptop?

Dis sux0rz.

Tough luck, bud. Hope they get the lead out and get you a card pronto. Being without a computer is like losing an arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom