CPU-Z displays wrong multiplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangit! After 2 hours I got a BSOD. Completely out of the blue too... Temps were only like 55 degrees. I upped the volts 1 notch. Booted back up started prime. Funny enough CPU-Z now says 9x multiplier!

EDIT: Lasted 24 minutes before thread 4 went out. Reached 70 degrees. Any ideas what might have caused this? My vcore is only 1.38.

Doesnt Prime use the wrong type of stress or something, i think i might just be wondering off on my own path but i swear i heard someone say that..... o well.:freak:

maybe you have like a smart over clock thing with your mobo like i do, i kmnow if i set my voltage to low to boot, my mother board will automatically set the core clock to the recomended speed for the voltage, and vice versa.

You know I do have a question. Was I supposed to put the paste over the entire processor? Corner to corner? I think I put it on most of it, but not completely... And I do have a heck of a lot of wires in my case. I used the paste that came with my tuniq. Should I take it off and buy some better paste? If so what paste? As for the restriction thing AMD I have no clue. Interesting, how can I find out if this is the case?

Also Vernong, what do you mean by set in? Was I supposed to let it dry or something?

like use it for 70hours or something, and most Arctic Silver and MX thermal pastes will go to optimal temperatures, because it "cures" (thats the actual term)

You know I do have a question. Was I supposed to put the paste over the entire processor? Corner to corner? I think I put it on most of it, but not completely... And I do have a heck of a lot of wires in my case. I used the paste that came with my tuniq. Should I take it off and buy some better paste? If so what paste? As for the restriction thing AMD I have no clue. Interesting, how can I find out if this is the case?

Also Vernong, what do you mean by set in? Was I supposed to let it dry or something?

From what i understand you put a thin line horizontally across the CPU (for quad core). There is no need for spreading, you just apply it and plop the cooler on. FYI i have the exact same heatsink and cpu and my cpu idle is around 30C.

Dunno if that helps. If i had to guess... Too much thermal paste.

When the heatsink heats up it loosens the paste and spreads it.

its average mine usually high 40's or low 50's, cpu-z seems iffy, the other day it rerad my proc as a fsb at 266 and my multy at 9, i was liek wtf, i reebooted whent to the bios, and everything was still set at 9x 400, so i restarted the comp got back into windows, ran cpu-z and it was at 400x 9 again, i dont get it. i dont have speed step enable either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom