Help me out Guys! New Gaming Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
spend the extra for the G92 GTS..it will be worth it

and get a Corsair 520HX, great PSU

If you want a tuniq, i'll sell mine for cheap.

Power ripples basically mean the power isn't constant and smooth. Basically not good.

I'm not a psu expert but on here the corsair 520hx is popular and should be fine for what your getting.

Everything else looks good but the new seagate drives are suppose to be a little quicker so you might want to get that instead of the WD. Also Crucial Ballistix is the new king of ram of ram so you might want to get that. Isn't a huge difference but that seems to be the popular advice as of now.

And I would suggest getting the Tuniq and overclocking because its a lot of performance for little money and one of the best reasons to build instead of buying prebuilt.

I wouldn't get a DS3R if I were you...not if you want to be able to OC your processor to the max. I absolutely hate my DS3...I'm never buying anything from gigabyte ever again...that's for **** sure.

520HX is an awesome PSU.

Ok, What is so special about that EVGA 8800GT? Isn't it basically the same thing as the XFX 8800GT I posted? I really dont have enough money to upgrade to Crucial Ballistix, G92 Card, Asus P5E and Seagate HD. I will check out for that PSU though, the 520HX is great, what about the 620HX?

Here's my advice:

For psu go with pc power and cooling. It's not so much a bout the total watts but the number of amps per rail so try and ignore the commercial statistic.

Evga is known as a superior company for their step-up programs and longer warranties. if your on a budget i suggest:

Stay with xp
get the 256 version of the 8800 GT
You only really need 2GB of ram these days.
IMO The Ga-P35-DS3L is the best Bang for buck MB. It's a great durable mother board with solid overclocking potential. If you can forfeit a raid set-up and some other bells and whistles it's all you really need. It's only around 100 bucks too.
Also if your buying the tuniq tower you don't need thermal paste.

I'm running the corsair 520hx with an OC quad, OC ultra, watercooling and light show just fine. It's a Stellar psu. If you're trying to save money don't waste it on the 620hx. Take the extra 30 or 40 from the 620hx and go for the ballistix.

I'm also running vista and have never had any issues.

Evga is good for stepup, XFX owns for warrenties. 256 8800gt is a great card but if you plan on playing high resolutions it may struggle. I'd stay with the 512. If you think you'd want to step-up 'within' 3 months go EVGA... otherwise I recommend XFX. I've dealt with great customer service and the double lifetime warrenty is a great sellling feature if you ever resell the card.

I'd also suggest the new Gigabyte x38 DS4. Great mobo. And good price for an x38 board. Of course if you want cheaper the P35 DS3R is great as well

Hey, Thanks a lot for the help guys. The XFX I talking about has 512 MB and 256 Bit, just like the EVGA that krazyq posted. What is the difference between them specifically? I hear XFX is better from some people, then EVGA from others, I guess its personal opinion.

I will change to Corsair 520EX, I will TRY to get 4GB of Crucial Ballistix 6400, but it is pretty expensive, and Instead of the 16MB Cache 500GB WD Sata II HD, I was told to check out Seagate, and I found a 32MB Cache 500GB Sata II HD.

This is Seagate Barracuda:
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

The 8800GTS G92 looks tempting, but that's going to kill me, I can't add $50 for Tuniq, $20 for HD, $80 for GPU, $25 for Memory, and $80 for a Gigabyte X38 Mobo. I'm already going wayyyy over my budget for the things I had in the first place. Is there some things a little cheaper but better than the things I posted? Is A Data better ram than G.Skill? Is a Rosewill 650W Good enough? The DS3R or even DS3L Good enough for this? I won't be overclocking over 3.0 to let everyone know. Maybe 2.8-3.0 is all I will need, and if I need more, I can always add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom