Unable to connect to Logical Disk Manager service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emper0r

Baseband Member
Ok guys, I got my new Hard Drive, a Seagate 500GB 7,200 RPM HD. It's my third hard drive. I hooked it up with a female/female SATA cable and a power cable and booted up my computer. It was detected in the BIOS and device manager. However, when I went to Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management I receive the following error: "Unable to connect to Logical Disk Manager service".

I've searched on google extensively, many people say this has to do with some services not being set to "Automatic". I've set every single service related to Disk Management to Automatic, and I've even tried starting up the 2nd Local Disk Managemnt and Virtual Disk Service then quickly going to Disk Management and still receiving the same error. Here's information regarding my computer:

Operating system: Windows XP 64-bit SP2
Hard Drive 1: 10,000 RPM 150GB Raptor
Hard Drive 2: 7,200 RPM 500GB Seagate
Hard Drive 3 (the one I'm having problems formatting): 7,200 RPM 500GB Seagate.

Please someone help, I'm getting very frustrated as I've searched all over and no solution seems to work. Here's a picture of my services window if it helps:

services.jpg

Okay have you created a partition to format? Have you tried to use Partition Magic or Acronis to format? What about trying GParted to format?

I have used GParted on several PC's and it has not failed me yet. Either that or try to get yoru hands on ERD Commander.

Okay have you created a partition to format? Have you tried to use Partition Magic or Acronis to format? What about trying GParted to format?

I have used GParted on several PC's and it has not failed me yet. Either that or try to get yoru hands on ERD Commander.

I've tried 3rd party formatting software, but they don't detect the hard drive. The only things that detect the hard drive at this point are my BIOS and device manager. Do you think installing things like iTunes and using an ipod and USB flash drive could mess with some of the .dlls necessary for logical disk manager to work?

I think I'm just gonna try to find someone with a Windows XP 64-bit disc so I can use FDisk.

Well i have always been against iTunes. It is a bad port from OS X. It is always buggy on a Windows system from my experience. I use anapod explorer.

one of your drives might be bad. the disc manager takes a long time to load if an ipod is hooked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom