Windows Updates - Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot. I've been looking for a good IT forums site, and I found it today. I'm still wondering why Windows/Microsoft Updates won't work. I've pulled AVG and Zone Alarm. Panda's remaining. Still, the Updates fail. I wonder why.

Aha, here we go. It's now coming up as just one update, instead of the 60-some.
The update is "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)", and if I'm correct, it wants me to validate windows. I'm going to find it and run it, then do another Update, and I'll post the results.

Yeah, they just fail after Downloading. I'm going to try and get that validation tool now.

Nope, still won't work. It says FAILED "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)" I just installed the Validation Tool located at "http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/8/e/88e78788-5d68-49e4-afdd-3c8c9ab77843/WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86-Standalone.exe"
It told me that Windows was valid, and it sounded good. I tried to update, and it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Have you tried to disable Panda and then run the updates? Panda could be blocking the updates.

I have searched thru the KB articles and have found nothing of use.

Aha, here we go. It's now coming up as just one update, instead of the 60-some.
The update is "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)", and if I'm correct, it wants me to validate windows. I'm going to find it and run it, then do another Update, and I'll post the results.

Ewwwwwwwwwww I have the same problem, how are you installing them manually? can you send me a link?
Thanks

When I had some windows update problems I used Microsft baseline Security analyzer to download them.. Worked ok until I fixed the problem..

Sometimes the problem is Spybot Search and Destroy Teatimer feature. So you can try again after turning it off.

Teatimer, eh? I think I'm going to pull Spybot S&D anyway, just for now anyway. It's an older version and refuses to update. Anyway, there's no way I'm installing them manually. Panda is shut off when installing them. I don't see anything else that could be hanging them up. They even install on my other computer upstairs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom