Dual monitors in sli?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya thats what i plan on doing sort of.... but only with 2 monitors

Im just going to grab a nvidia 5200 thats chilling in my room and throw it in one of the many pci slots i have no use for :/

I mean... that shouldnt cause any decrease in performance and still allow me to use my 2nd 21" right?

If it causes any decrease then im just going to go buy a 24" lcd and be done with crt's lol :/

I'm not sure if using a third nvidia card will work or not though. Would be interested to hear if it does.

I researched it and this post from this forum Attempting dual monitors with SLI + third graphics card - SLI Zone Forums

sums it up

Dude lol, this has been a highly discussed topic...like to the point were its been beatin to death.

Straight forward, No, you can't run Dual monitor + SLi. It requires much luck, and rarely happens...i discussed on how to possibly to get it to work in a past thread...Just SEARCH it.
(Sorry, It's just this topic has been posted way, way to many times. If you really can't find it, i'll tell you a possible way to get it to work, but most likely wont work. Many people have tried, few have had success)

Well, i found my post if you want to read it...this is it

"However, with a 680i motherboard, people have got it to work, but its very rare. It consists of taking to SLi ready cards, and a lowend ATi card. First you setup SLi, with the cards, then turn off your computer.
Then you add in the ATi card in the primary slot, and install the drivers for that card without uninstalling the SLi drivers. Then you turn off your computer, put in 1 SLi ready card, and put the ATi card in the 3rd PCie slot (the middle slot) and see if it can run multimonitor. Go to the nvidia display driver and enable dual monitor setup. Turn off your computer, and add in the SLi card so you have all 3 cards in.

This is very rare, but these are the steps i have guessed to work."

This post has been edited by F.E.A.R: Apr 27 2007, 05:37 PM

screw it im not buying an ati card and doing all that... this is retarded...

Untill nividia fixes this problem, i will just tell people to go crossfire and tell them sli is stupid

Nvidia explains lack of dual monitor support on SLI - The INQUIRER

That^^ basically says dual-screen or fast 3d... not both

That means... sli FAILS

I'm just going to get a 24" lcd... for now ill survive on my 21".

How can crossfire do it at 200% but sli cant? this just doesnt make sense to me lol.... I knew that crossfire scaled better but if i knew about this before i might of saved my money and not of ever got the 2nd 8800 gt and then did a step up to 1 8800 gts 512 or somtehing

oh well, still i ran 3dmark06 and got 13k on stock everything and my temperatures were 40C load on all cores and 66-70C on both gfx cards on load so i was quite happy about that... i can live with 1 24"

That guy makes it way too hard. Seriously, all i did was put in all 3 cards, turn it on, install all the drivers, and enable sli. Then set the resolution on my third card. BTW you can get a cheap ATI card for 20-30 bucks.

Ya... but how about i dont want to buy another card when i have 2 perfectly good nvidia ones sitting here? lol

Tell you what, if its that east ill look around for someone who wants to trade :) then i might get that 2nd 21" afterall

Im very suprised some tech dude out there hasnt just done this:

Fooled the computer into thinking that two screens are just one big screen then split the image to both screens. Limitations would be that the screens would need to be the same res.

Im very suprised some tech dude out there hasnt just done this:

Fooled the computer into thinking that two screens are just one big screen then split the image to both screens. Limitations would be that the screens would need to be the same res.

my friend suggested that...you need some special connector thingy and i have no idea where to get it and it sounds like alot of work for somethign that should be so simple...

i'm just gonna try to get a cheapy ati card that no one uses anymore off of a friend..

Meh I bought TrippleHead2Go and it costed me over $300... Didn't even work. It acted like a Video card outside of my computer basically. It worked the same way as another Video Card. I had to enable the monitors in the display settings. Which means I had to once again disable SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom