Wireless problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmidt1989

Baseband Member
Hi all, i'm having trouble with my laptop connecting to my wireless router. I have my router running from my home PC, and my desktop internet is working absolutely fine. I should be running off the same internet on my laptop, but it doesnt seem to do that, in fact, my laptop rarely detects the Belkin router at all, and when it does, it wont coonnect, or it will sometimes say that my laptop settings arent compatable, and wont let me connect to the wireless signal. This started happening about 3 weeks ago. Before that, it worked fine. My desktop computer will not even recognize that i have a wireless router connected to the computer, either. And when i go and type in the routers IP adress into the address bar to look at settings and what not, the page never comes up, i just get a 404 error. So has the IP changed? Any help is greatly appreciated, i just want my laptop's internet to start working again.

Hi,

Can i get the model your router and the make and model of your laptop.

Sure, i dunno why i didnt put them in the first post, doh.

The laptop is a HP Compaq 6720s

The router is a Belkin 802.11G 2.4Ghz

Yeah, i can usually run it on a Motorola signal (god knows where its from though... and its a very weak signal) and it sometimes shows a linksys one, but it wont let me connect to it.

so it's just your router that's the problem? If so type 192.168.2.1 into the address bar in your web browser and check if broadcast SSID is broadcasting.

That doesnt do anything, i get a 'Page does not exist' no matter whether i try it on my desktop or laptop.

ok if you look on the bottom of the router there is little slits for air flow, if you look at the first few you will see a little button hidden in there get a paper clip or something and press that down for 10 seconds it should reset the router to factory defaults. if that dosn't work your router has most likely gone bad.

It's what i am here for.

If it happens again in a day or so give belkin a call they offer a lifetime warranty on some of there stuff, i have no idea what caused your problem but at least you know how to fix it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom