Windows won't load up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hi,

I was on my pc and watching a youtube video. Shortly after, my pc shut down (this has happened before).

Anyway, now when I start up my pc again, it loads fine up until it would normally go to the screen where it loads Windows. However it doesn't get onto the loading Windows screen, it just stays black.

I've got no idea what to do. I've tried hitting F8 upon startup, and trying to load up by safe mode, but that didn't work either. After I hit enter, new screen comes up and it is just black.

Any help appreciated a lot!

Some info from BIOS

PSU

+3.3 - 3.35v
+5.0 - 50.2v
+12 - 12.09
5VSB - 5.10v
Battery Voltage - 5.10V
CPU Core Temp - 42 celcius
PWM - 52 celcius
Chip set - 69 celcius

Comp Specs:

3200+ venice
280W Tagan PSU
BFG 7900GS
DFI SLI-DR
2x 512mb G.skill Ram

windows xp professional

no disc in on startup

you maybe be using a psu that is a tad too weak...while playing video file...crashes, and corrupts HD...see if you can repair it with the xp pro disc

Unfortunately i got given my hdd by my uncle who already had windows xp pro installed on it.

What are the other possible solutions?

Thanks

The PSU is too weak. Need to get a new one. Plus could be a overheating issue as well. Do you just have stock cooling?

I don't think it will be a cooling issue, maby just the psu.

Is there any way I can check if it is the psu or not from BIOS or so? I posted some voltages in my second post or so - how are they?

Also, will my HDDs still be ok?

No need to format or so?

I'm not too up to scratch with this kind of stuff but I know for certain that I don't want to lose anything.

I'l be buying a new psu tomorrow so I would like to find out if it is definately a psu problem or not.

Thanks

Chip set - 69 celcius

This is why i said cooling. This is not under load right? Meanign this is jsut when the system is ilde. Not doing anything. If you put it under load like you do while watching videos this number jumps up and that could cause the rest of the system to heat up and cause the crash.

The voltages look like every other system. Cause that is the most common setup for voltages for every PSU out there. It is just the Watts that your PSU has that makes me wonder. It is only at 380W which is really low. Even Dell PC's have over 400W now. And they dont run much stuff.

The hard disks should be fine. They MIGHT have gotten corrupt from the abrupt shut down but that is highly unlikely.

As long as there is no corruption you wont need to format. As i previously said it is highly unlikely that you system got corrupted from just 1 shut down. I ahve had my system crash on me a few dozen times and still never had corruption.

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.5

That is the best way to test your system. You need to add up the voltage being used by everything and then compare it to what your system is putting out. A PSU calculator is the best way to get that done. I linked to one of them. Thru google there is a long list of them available.

Thanks very much for your help - glad to hear about my HDDs.

What does the 'chip set' refer to by the way?

What part of my computer?

Thanks again

edit: just checked my chip set temp again ..46 celcius

Chipset is the group of chips that works along side the CPU to function the mother board. They help the CPU control things like the USB, sound card and the information coming in and leaving the processor.

Better info available at the Wikipedia.

Chipset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi,

I bought a new power supply.

When i start up my pc, just after it says Verifying DMI Pool Data(?), it comes up with either:

A disk read error has occurred, press ctrl+alt+del to restart

or,

Error loading windows operating system

Like I said I am not the best with PCs, but it could be with the cables that I have connected from my power supply to the rest of my pc?

I have quite a few cables just standing, not connected to anything.

Any help?

pictureth9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom