Logitech X-540 (and X-530)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
Hi im just wanting to know what these speakers are like. So, if you have these (or the X-530) ive got a few questions:

1.) Are they loud enough to fill up en extremely small room.

2.) Is the build quality good.

3.) Are the rear speaker cables a decent enough size?

4.) Finally, what is the bass like? I want really nice deep bass that will shake my room :)

5.) Also, will it be a big improvement from my current speakers (in sig)?

If you have other feedback or sugestions, please say :)

1.) Yes

2.) Yes

3.) Yes

4.) Iffy, doesnt punch but puts out decent bass

5.) Yes

I own the x-530's and I have to say, your not going to get that room shaking bass you want with the subs that either come with.

Theyre great to fill up a small room with sound but the 4.5" sub just doesnt punch like the bigger offerings from logitech.

Take a look at the z-2300 or the z-5300's

Okay, thanks :).

Im now looking at the G51, ive read some reviews they seem pretty nice. Any other 5.1 (i like surround sound:)) from logitech is just too pricey for me.

On a side note, whilst the X-530s sub isnt room shaking, how strong is the bass that is throws out?

I have the x-530.

1. Yes, easily.

2. No problems with mine and I've dropped some of the speakers a couple times.

3. Mine seem to be only 12', but I've heard others say their 18'.

4. I have intergrated sound that isn't to great but the bass is still pretty good. I would say it was even better on my cheapo socket a motherboard.

5. Don't expect super awesome sound, but for ~$50 they are pretty great speakers.

Yeah, ive got them to, i back up all the above. (Im in Aus). I got mine for about $80 Aus.

I had the x-540's before my z-5500's, and they were pretty sweet. If your room is smaller than like 12x12, that they will be plenty loud. The Bass (and overall sound) is really good for movies, but for music they defiantly lack a little mid-range, and you will be defiantly be able to tell where the subwoofer is in the room because it picks up some of the mid-range slack. But you probably won't be able to tell unless you're big into audio, and yes, they will probably sound better and be louder than anything in price range for sure, and you probably won't be wishing they wen't louder.

Edit; Oh yeah, the cables are plenty long for the rear (for a 12x12 room), and the build quality is not only good, they are designed to be rugged almost. I had them on the ground in the corners of my rez room last year, and one got stepped on a lot, and the door slammed against it, but you couldn't even tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom