99.9% these will be my new computer, but that other .1%, oh boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd skip DDR3..just get some PC-8500 DDR2

i'd rather get 2 3870's in CF with that board.

you can also get a 320GB WD Harddrive for $75

Well i didnt really, i just said that when the new intel arcitecture comes out it will have an onboard memory controller which will actually allow memory performance to make a difference, whereas now, ddr3 is only a minimal improvement over ddr2 at about 4-5 times the cost.

I ask you this. Why is everyone intent on this forum to get people to buy crucial ballistix? Is it a bang for the buck type of deal? If I did get ballistix, I'd get 2gb total, to help save money, would it run my set up I have now with 2gb ballistix better with 64 bit vista then with 4gb of that corsair xms2 2x2gb deal? Ok, with what I have so far and I just changed the memory. Which one will work best with 64 bt vista?

ballistx tracer 2gb total
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

ballistix 2gb total
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

corsair xms2 4gb total
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I would assume the 4gb's right???

Actually is there a website where you put in your computer parts, and it calculates how well it will run vista? My brother said his computer's a 3.7 on the vista scale. I'm assuming theres a website that scales your computer custom or not.

Oh yea. It was Vsta Enterprise my brother has. So I'm assuming he can get me a free copy.

edit - sorry for the double post

The Vista scale is complete BS. Never judge a puter by the lame Vista scale.

And we recommend Ballistix because it's affordable and is known to overclock very well.

I am running a 2gb set of 5300s with another 2gb set of 6400s.....but they are overclocked to PC2-8800 or 550mhz.

Ballistix are made by crucial...Crucial manufactures its own memory and uses d9 modules which are known to overclock and handle tons of voltage without dying. Its just too bad that they dont make 2gb sticks. If you are planning on 4gb i would go with the reapers in the 2x2 set. I'm actually about to order myself a set and sell my ballistix, because my board doesnt like running 4 sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom