Acer Aspire 4710Z - couple of problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, same thing happens, frustrates me that i cant get the sound going, thats all i need, internet is irrelevant at the moment, but the sound is vital to the survival of the LCD caus i get pc rage when this sorta stuff happens :p and considering is like 2 days old i dont wanna be replacing the screen yet :p

naw thats not it, thats wat everyone says but that doesnt work, the audio device is there but the computer isn't recognizing it and since your internet isnt working, u cant install the latest driver

i got the latest one from realtek but it still says there no device, u dont realise how much i wanna pull out the speakers and smash them into the screen and yell "no device? what the **** are these? HUH?" but i'd much rather fix it :p got any ideas? i just need the sound going, and the webcam too, bt sounds the main priority at the moment

Yah exactly what happened to me, hold on a sec, control panel, system, device manager and install all the ? u have with the latest drivers and fix them, u need internet though

yea, done all that mate can also right click on my computer and goto manage, then device manager, but yeah, the on ?'s left are ethernet controller SM controller and network controller, still, no sound and a dodgy webcam :p

Okay well the site that was linked to by Alvin is the answer.

You need the Chipset Driver for the SM Controller.

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_4710/driver/ChipSet.zip

Which Netowrk card do you have? Is it the Atheros, Broadcom, or Intel?

Intel:
ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_4710/driver/Wireless_Intel.zip

Broadcom:
ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_4710/driver/Wireless_Broadcom.zip

Atheros:
ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_4710/driver/Wireless_Atheros.zip

Which ever netowrk card you have use those drivers.

For sound try the drivers from their site:
ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_4710/driver/Audio.zip

See if those work.

For the Webcam which one do you have? It shows 3 different ones available. Bison, Chicony AP, Chicony Driver. Which i dont get why you have 2 different ones for Chicony...

But Bison:
ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebo...Driver_v7.96.701.12a_Vistax32x64_XPx32x64.zip

Chicony AP:
ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebo...ony_AP_v1.1.022.0425_Vistax32x64_XPx32x64.zip

Chicony driver:
ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebo...amera_Chicony_Driver_v5.7.26.400_XPx32x64.zip

That will sort out the missign drivers you ahve right now. Use that sound driver and let us know if the sound gets sorted.

not entirely sure which webcam it is caus it says its a crystal and thats it :p um, ill take a look and see what i can find out about it, and AP is application an the others driver, hence why theres 2 of them :p

But they were both located under the driver section. Not one under the software section where it should be. So that means that either Acer messed up and put software in the driver section or there is a difference between them and they are 2 different drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom